Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey,
This is a question about the boards.. cos usually there are these white icons for old posts and yellow for new posts (still following? goofy )
But now all of a sudden all the icons have become yellow :-/
This may not sound like a big problem but it's actually quite annoying cause usually when i get on my pc i just have a quick look on the boards to check whether there are any new posts.. <<aka yellow icons>> but now i would have to check all threads in order to see if there are new posts..

And it just makes me want to cry whinging wheeeee! laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I have the same problem when I delete my cookies.

You don't need to check everything, tough. Just look at the date and hour , so you'll know what's new.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A lot of people seem to have trouble with them.

Usually, they work fine for me. If not, clearing cookies usually fixes the problem. Once you do that, just go up to your profile and update the new post indicators to get them current again.

One thing I've noticed which can throw them off is if you leave a browser window open between visits to the boards. Otherwise, the cookies can get confused between multiple sessions.

Also, on rare occasions, having the boards open in multiple tabs can cause a similar error.

So, the proceedure:

1. Go to "my profile."
2. Hit the link that says "delete all cookies set by this forum."
3. Log back in.
4. Go to "my profile."
5. Hit the link that says "update new post indicators."
6. Go to "my profile."
7. Hit the link that says "update new post indicators" again.

That should do it.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks! smile I did the coockie-delete-thingy &nd it worked smile tnqsoverymuch! goofy
@poussin: lol no i don't check all of the posts but just go over them from the top untill i find a thread that i already knew..

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard