Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229201 09/07/06 07:52 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This may be a retarded 2am question, but I was looking at someone's profile, and I noticed the bottom right corner had some 'add to buddy list' or 'add to ignore list' type links. Have we always had those, and I just haven't been paying attention for like past 3 years? And since I'm on a roll, what do they do?

Jen
goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They're part of the Private Message feature, recently switched on:

From the board FAQ:

What is an Ignore List?

Ignore lists apply to private messages only. Anyone you add to your ignore list can no longer send you a private message. You can put someone on your ignore list by viewing the member's profile and clicking on the "add to ignore list" link. Private messaging must be enabled on this site in order to use ignore lists.

What is a Buddy List?

Buddy lists apply to private messages only. Anyone you add to your buddy list is stored in a handy location, so that you can easily send the person a private message. You can put someone on your buddy list by viewing the member's profile and clicking on the "add to buddy list" link. Private messaging must be enabled on this site in order to use buddy lists.
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard