#229197 09/07/06 01:20 AM
T
tayryn Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to put together a video where I keep the original dialogue but I use different scenes for the dialogue used.

Does anyone know how to do that with either WMM or Adobe Premiere?

Thanks!

Tayryn

#229198 09/07/06 02:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
With WMM, go to timeline mode. You can drag video clips to the audio line, and they'll be treated as audio clips.

I don't know about Adobe. You can check their help files.

Alternatively, Virtualdub allows you to extract audio from video. You can mark a selection and then save the audio track of that segment as a wav or mp3 file.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#229199 09/07/06 02:36 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I did a tutorial of WMM (pretty complete - even if there is many things I didn't explain and completely illustrated). You'll find it in the FOLC Production forum. It's pinned at the top.

I personally use Adobe Premiere since I don't like WMM, but I never had the time to do a tutorial for it since the software is a lot more complicated to use and has a lot more options than WMM.

So, if you decide to use WMM, you can read my tutorial. If you decide to use Adobe Premiere, email me to ask me your question, and I'll respond to them, but I won't have time to do it as a tutorial, and I won't have time to illustrate the responses I'll give you. You can also go on the Adobe website, they have tutorials for some options of the software.

But if you just need to know how to put different dialogues on the video with Adobe Premiere, you right click on your clip and then you choose "split video and sound" (or something like that - I use a version in French, so I don't know the exact title they use in english), and then you can select and delete the video only or the sound only, and use what remains with another clip.

If you have more question, email me

#229200 09/07/06 11:04 AM
T
tayryn Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thank you Paul and Poussin! sloppy

I have both program but I've just started using them, so I'm in the newbie stage. I never knew what the audio line meant until now. I thought it just had to do with sound quality and nothing more.

I'll have a look at the tutorial you made, Poussin and see what other things I can fiddle around with.

The Adobe program looks really complex and I don't think I'm ready to use it without a Adobe for Dummies book beside me.

I'm off to give it a try!

Thank you!

Tayryn

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard