Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229150 07/26/06 04:45 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What software would I need to create a website that others...anyone...can upload photos to?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#229151 07/28/06 12:52 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
When you say "anyone" are you talking about people you've previously approved or the general public?

I'd be wary of letting anyone upload pictures to your web site, at least unless you're willing to moderate said pics. You're likely to find yourself with some unusual spam.

Easiest way to handle uploads would be to install a bulletin board that allows for file uploads. Some of them (most of them?) have an option to allow uploads. This option can be turned on or off -- most web masters seem to turn that option "off" for bandwidth and security reasons.

Most bulletin boards are pretty easy to upload and install. Ask your ISP if you're allowed to.

Note that if you allow for file uploads you WILL want to keep on top of security updates for whatever bulletin board you pick. Pick a popular one that gets frequent updates. Allowing for file uploads means a certain amount of security risk.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard