Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229143 07/18/06 06:02 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hey guys - Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm about going out of my mind.

I'm trying to find a program I can use to screen cap my LnC DVDs. I have 4 different DVD playing programs between my two computers, and all of them do the same thing. I can take a screenshot while the DVD is paused, but no matter what, when it's pasted into a image editor, the picture is never there.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and if anybody knew a program that I could screencap from which would also let me move frame-by-frame for capping.

Thanks

the-planet.us

"Oh please! I'll go to jail; I'll strap myself into the electric chair! Just don't make me listen to this!" - Tempus
#229144 07/18/06 10:44 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Power DVD can do that. While the video is playing, you click on the camera icon, or on the letter C, and then, you'll have all the caps you made saved into the file of your choice. You can take the caps while playing, or while in pause, or while slow playing or quick playing.

#229145 07/18/06 12:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
VLC Media Player , a freeware program for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, can do screen captures from any video it can play, including DVDs. When you click the Video/Snapshot menu option, it puts a JPG or PNG file in whatever folder you designated as your Snapshot folder.

[Linked Image]

It won't do frame-by-frame advance, though. And when you click pause, the video comes to a rolling stop, so you may find it's not as precise as you're looking for. But at least it's free to try.

I've started using VLC as my default player for pretty much all video. I like the Video/Always on Top option to keep my other windows from overtaking the video, and I drag it over to the most out-of-the-way corner of the screen.

It's supposed to be able to stream video, but I've never tried that.

-- Lauren

#229146 07/18/06 09:30 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
It's supposed to be able to stream video, but I've never tried that.
I use VLC a lot too, and it work very fine to stream video. It's in "File", and then, you have "open a file" or "open a file (advanced)" (or something like that - I use the french version of the software so I am translating).

You clic on "Open a file (advanced)" and then you write the url of the stream video. And it works. If that's the url of a playlist of stream video, you type Ctrl+P, and then you have the list of all chanels and you can change the channel as you want.

#229147 07/19/06 05:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, poussin, you're my comment-à-faire-ca?-heroine
smile1

I was just about to ask the same question cause most of the screencaps that can be found in the net are so small or of such a bad quality clap (no, it's not a metaphore, that's how I look at this moment wink )

You made my day!

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard