Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just bought a new mp3 player. It is a Creative Labs Zen Vision: M. It plays video files (wmv).

I was so excited because that meant I could download the LNC music videos people had made, into and watch them on trips and stuff.

However, some of the vids people have made were made with codec 2 and not codec 3. My player only supports codec 3.

So my question is, is there anyway I can can the videos to play with codec 3? Anyone know how I can fix this problem. There aren't many of them set up with codec 2 but there are a few (and some of my favorites).

Can anyone help? Thanks so much in advance! grovel

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I have a Zen Vision M too, and I've watched a bunch of music videos on it. Which video(s) are you having trouble with? The Vision M comes with software that should be able to convert most video files into a format that the player can read. The only files I haven't been able to convert (so far) are Quicktime and RealPlayer. Any Windows-Media-Player-compatible type files should be fine.

Let me know which files you're having trouble with, and I'll see what I can tell you smile Hope you're enjoying the Vision M in the meantime, though; I love mine!

Kaylle

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Kayelle. I loaded all the software that it came with. Yeah, I didn't see any that converted Real Player either. I found one you could buy on the internet for $30.00 that does. The only converter I've used that came with the Zen, converts files that are too large to play normally. It shrinks them.

The one video I can think of off hand that was giving me the Codec error is "Fly" by Sara Groves (by Shellyem). When the converter tries to convert it, it errors out. So I looked at the details before trying to convert it again and it pops up an error saying it is trying to use Codec 2 and my player can only use Codec 3.

But I just got my player yesterday so maybe I haven't looked at the software enough yet.

Yeah, it's awesome! Love it! smile1

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I use RADVideo to convert mov to avi, and I'm pretty sure that once upon a time I had one to convert Real files to something else . . . but I can't remember any more now.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Doranwen.

I went ahead and bought a product I was wanting to get anyway - AVS Video Tools. It has a conversion feature on it to convert any video format to any other video format you want. So problem solved. smile1

Thanks everyone for your help!

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard