Lois & Clark Forums
I just bought a new mp3 player. It is a Creative Labs Zen Vision: M. It plays video files (wmv).

I was so excited because that meant I could download the LNC music videos people had made, into and watch them on trips and stuff.

However, some of the vids people have made were made with codec 2 and not codec 3. My player only supports codec 3.

So my question is, is there anyway I can can the videos to play with codec 3? Anyone know how I can fix this problem. There aren't many of them set up with codec 2 but there are a few (and some of my favorites).

Can anyone help? Thanks so much in advance! grovel
I have a Zen Vision M too, and I've watched a bunch of music videos on it. Which video(s) are you having trouble with? The Vision M comes with software that should be able to convert most video files into a format that the player can read. The only files I haven't been able to convert (so far) are Quicktime and RealPlayer. Any Windows-Media-Player-compatible type files should be fine.

Let me know which files you're having trouble with, and I'll see what I can tell you smile Hope you're enjoying the Vision M in the meantime, though; I love mine!

Kaylle
Thanks Kayelle. I loaded all the software that it came with. Yeah, I didn't see any that converted Real Player either. I found one you could buy on the internet for $30.00 that does. The only converter I've used that came with the Zen, converts files that are too large to play normally. It shrinks them.

The one video I can think of off hand that was giving me the Codec error is "Fly" by Sara Groves (by Shellyem). When the converter tries to convert it, it errors out. So I looked at the details before trying to convert it again and it pops up an error saying it is trying to use Codec 2 and my player can only use Codec 3.

But I just got my player yesterday so maybe I haven't looked at the software enough yet.

Yeah, it's awesome! Love it! smile1
I use RADVideo to convert mov to avi, and I'm pretty sure that once upon a time I had one to convert Real files to something else . . . but I can't remember any more now.
Thanks Doranwen.

I went ahead and bought a product I was wanting to get anyway - AVS Video Tools. It has a conversion feature on it to convert any video format to any other video format you want. So problem solved. smile1

Thanks everyone for your help!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards