Next Thread
Print Thread
#229044 04/08/06 04:27 AM
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
I just got photoshop for my laptop and I was wondering how would you create borders and make wallpaper from it. I know how to create avatar images as I know where to reduce the size of the image it's just the border thing and the wallpaper thing that I'm stuck with. Thanks in advance!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#229045 04/08/06 04:30 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Some of this may vary, depending on what version of PS you're using, but I'll try to help. I use CS2. I'd really reccommend googling something like "Photoshop tutorial" to get more help. There are tons of sites out there with great resources. I've also found that the best way to learn Photoshop is just to play around with things. It's frustrating at first, but after a while you'll catch on.

To create a wallpaper, what you need to do is go to file > new. A box will pop up and give you lots of options for size, resolution, color, etc. Make the size whatever you want it to be for the wallpaper. 800x600 or 1024x768 pixels are pretty standard. 72 dpi is standard resolution for things you want to see on the screen, not in print, and either RGB or HSB are good color models to use for non-printed things. Now press okay, and you'll have a blank canvas in front of you to put whatever you want on it.

To make a border around an image, select the part of the image that you want the border around (ctrl+A will select the whole image). Now go to edit > stroke. A box will pop up and you can enter your settings for the color, size, etc of the border.

I hope that helps. smile

~Anna

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard