Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228976 01/03/06 03:54 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi

I hope someone can help me. when I'm on my apple ibook with dial up, I can download trailers by clicking on the real player link. I can then watch them whenever I want on either my ibook or my PC. However, I can't seem to download the music videos - when I click the link, I get a page full of nonsensical symbols as if the computer thinks themusic is supposed to be text. Occasionally, I find one that I can save through real player but I usually give up in frustration first.

When i'm at my pc at work, I have a faster connection - i work at a school, so I'm not sure what it is exacatly but I'm conneted through the school's network. If I click on a music video, windows media ploayer launches, and it starts to play, but usually before the song ends, I get some kind of error message and it won't play anymore. The trailers launched in either windows media player or real player, but I could only watch, when i want to be able to save them so I can watch them off line too.

Also, if I put one of the DVDs in my computer, is there a way to record the theme music so I can play it without the DVD being in there?

Can anyone help me?

Cheryl

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not sure about Macs, but something like this should work with just about any OS:

Right-click on the link and choose "save target as" (or some similar option). Download the file to your hard drive, then open it from there.

That'll give you more control over what program opens it, and it'll allow for local playback rather than having to rely on a stream as it plays. It'll also let you rewatch, pause, rewind, etc without having to reset the connection.

When you're done, you can leave the file there, burn it to CD, or just delete it to save space (you can always download it again if need be).

Does that help?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Macs only have one mouse button. No right-clicking.

Instead, hold down Ctrl, and then click on the link. It will bring up a menu. Select Download Target to Disk (or Save to disk, or something along those lines).

Also make sure you have Microsoft's Media Player. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks for the advice. I'll try and let you know what happens.

Cheryl

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Your advice worked! I've now gotten to see lots of trailers, music videos and interviews, but now I have a new problem.

Some of the realplayer files play perfectly, and others won't open. I get a message that realplayer needs an update and I agree to let it and a popup window says it's connecting to real but then it says it can't get to real. I even downloaded the free player from real to have the most up to date one (version 10 I think) but the same thing happens.

I have tried this on my pc and the mac got a different message but it played on my friend's mac at school, so I know it isn't the file or the site, but me frown

Any suggestions? Would FoLCs post stuff using a version of real player that had to be purchased rather than downloaded?

Cheryl

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard