Print Thread
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm attempting to add an avatar.

I go to my profile page and click on "Select a different avatar image"

I paste the URL in where it says "Use Custom URL"

I click "Set URL" and my avatar appears up in the top right hand corner.

I click "Select this Avatar" and I'm taken back to my profile page, where I can see the pic I selected in my avatar image box.

I click "Update Profile".

I post a test and get no avatar.

I go back to my profile, and my avatar image box is blank.

What am I doing wrong?

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My fault. I resized it so it would fit within the allowed pixel size, but forgot to check the file size. I converted the image to jpg format, which greatly reduced the file size, and uploaded it again. Should work now. Use the same URL, but change the file name to squirrel.JPG and everything should be fine. Sorry for the mix-up.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Paul,

Now I get a box with a red X in it. huh

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Paul, Vicki, I took a look in Vicki's profile, using admin privileges, to see what was going on. Found the URL of her avatar, pasted it in a browser window... and got

file not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Vicki, if you email Elena at elena@lcficmbs.com and attach the photo you want to use, she'll resize it for you and host it on the boards server. El's pretty much our resident avatar magician. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy, Vicki, and Paul,

There is no need. I looked at the properties for the avatar (mouse right-click over avatar, and "Properties"), and there you can see the path and filename for the avatar being used. I also got the "Page not found" for that address, but you can access the folder where the avatar is supposed to be (by erasing the filename).

The file is in the folder, but the filename is "squirrel.JPG" (JPG in capital letters). If you use the capital letters on the address, or change the filename to "squirrel.jpg", it might work.

Malu

Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Aha! Thank you, Malu.

I thought when Paul said the file was squirrel.JPG he was using the caps for emphasis. I didn't know I had to use them, too. blush

Thanks for your help, everyone. A special Thank You to Paul! wave

- Vicki

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard