Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228605 11/30/04 09:14 AM
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Over in the Polls section I mentioned in passing a problem I was having with my avatar. Paul suggested that if I need help, all I have to do is ask. Duh! Ok, so here goes (actually, this is a different problem than the one I mentioned in the Poll, but whatever):

I have a bitmap on my harddrive which I would like to use for an avatar. Can I do that? If so, how?

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#228606 11/30/04 09:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You need to upload it to somewhere web-accessible. If your ISP gives you online web space (online storage, an option for your own personal webpage, etc), you can put it there. If not, some nice FoLC can probably do it for you. I have some extra web space, and an avatar doesn't take too much.

If you need help resizing, that shouldn't be a problem, either. In fact, with a bitmap, microsoft paint (under "accessories" on the Start menu of just about any version of Windows) will probably suffice.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#228607 11/30/04 09:24 AM
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, no idea what an IPS is, nor if my own personal IPS allows me online web space. Whether that is an option of my IPS or not, I can assure you I do not have my own web page, nor would I know how to make one.

If you (or anyone else) would allow me enough space on your website to upload this pic, I sure would appreciate it! You'd have to give me instructions as to how to do it, though. blush

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#228608 11/30/04 09:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ISP - Internet Service Provider. The company (AOL, Earthlink, MSN, etc.) that you pay for internet access.

If you want, email me the pic as an attachment. I'll put it in my web space and give you the address. Then you just need to put that address in your profile as your avatar image. My email address is listed in my profile.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#228609 11/30/04 10:14 AM
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, I emailed it to you. laugh

- Vicki

#228610 11/30/04 02:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki:
Paul seems to have solved your problem, but be aware that http://www.folcsite.com is available for everyone using these boards and Lois and Clark, Teri & Dean info. You just have to get one of the allowed posters to upload it for you and give you the URL, just as Paul has done on his site.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard