I've had bit time computer problems lately.

For my notebook I had a homepage that was ... well very interesting. I'm still trying to figure out what type of you know what was going on. It took a couple of months of trying to get it off. Finally a patch was produced to get rid of it. Though, now I am left w/ a problem. I cannot type anything in the address bar w/o the computer telling me it cannot do whatever I want it to do. I can only go to the stuff that is in my 'favourites'.

My Mum's notebook had a problem with something contstantly changing the dial up password. She has dial up out in a small fly in reserve up north so resources that are in person to help her are zilch. She has phoned long distance to pple in the city and they said she wouldn't be able to reformat her computer. How can you NOT reformat your computer. I thought you just could, whenever you want.

We have both tried SpyBot. I've tried Norton. Norton was my Mum's but her computer is too small for it. I find that hard to beleive. Her's is almost like mine and I can fit it on fine.

Gee I think I'm clear as mud. Maybe someone might have some inkling of what I am talking about. If not, it's not the end of the world.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.