Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
I was logged in the Internet yesterday with my new laptop. Everything was working fine.

At some point, I downloaded Kazaa and tried to install it. During the process, I got an error message telling me to make sure I'm connected to the Internet and I'm not 'behind' (don't remember the exact expression) any firewalls and then download something. I couldn't download this something, though, because since then every time I open the Internet Explorer I get an error page.

I doubt it has to do with Kazaa, because just a week before I installed it in the PC of a friend's house and there were not such problems. Could it have to do with firewalls? (I don't know much about them)

Thank you!
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: I have Windows XP.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Windows XP has a built-in firewall. To disable it, go to Control Panels -> Network Connections (or Control Panels -> Network and Internet Connections -> Network Connections). Right-click on the connection, click on Properties -> Advanced, and make sure there's not a check in the firewall option.

If you have a broadband connection, and have a router, the router most likely has a built-in firewall. Check the manual of the router to find out how to do port-forwarding.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Anna, why Kazaa? It's full of spyware. frown

Try WinMX instead.

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or try Kazaalite . It's pretty much the same as Kazaa, but without the spyware and other dangerous stuff.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
I installed WinMX without problems and it works fine.
Thanks a lot, FoLCs!
twins

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard