Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228263 02/20/04 09:05 AM
kb Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I’ve been having some trouble opening Ram files lately. The last 4 or 5 Ram files with interviews that I have tried to open, doesn’t work. confused I haven’t had any problems earlier, and I really don’t understand what’s wrong. Every time I se that someone has posted an interview, or something like that with Dean, I get really happy, and I want to see it straight away (just like every other Dean fan smile ). Then when it’s down loaded, my computer just stop’s working, and I have to restart it……. mad huh
(I have both Windows media player and realone player)
Please please please can anyone help me

#228264 02/21/04 02:21 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Have you tried downloading and installing the newest version of RealPlayer? If you already have the newest version, you may need to uninstall it and re-install it.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#228265 02/29/04 07:42 PM
kb Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I’m not totally in to all this computer stuff huh smile . I manage to get trough with using the computer to every day stuff, but every time some things stops working I have trouble getting it fixed confused .
I got my realone player from a friend(she sent it to me in a file through msn). It has worked just fine, until recently, I haven’t been able to view any of the recently posted clips. When I didn’t have real one player, I saw this link about downloading realone player for free. But when I went to that internet page, It said something about only working for 14 days, and then you have to pay for it every month. Could somebody maybe tell me a little about how this works? I know a few friends that have realone player on their computer, they found it on the internet, and they aren’t paying anything for it. The problem is that they had somebody build the computer for them, so they have no idea how and exactly where they got it………

#228266 02/29/04 09:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
KB, go to www.real.com and look for the link to the free RealOne player. Ignore any versions which you have to pay for; there is a free version, which is the basic RealOne. Download it, then install it, and you should be fine.

Karen's no doubt right that the reason your own version won't work any more is that it isn't the latest one; I had that same problem a year or so ago.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#228267 02/29/04 10:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
KB, go to www.real.com and look for the link to the free RealOne player.
Here's the direct link to the free RealOne. smile

Elena smile
Forum Moderator

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#228268 03/01/04 05:13 AM
kb Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks you guys for helping me thumbsup
I got it down loaded now, and I tested it out to see if it worked. I still can’t see the video clips…… huh . But there is a little bit of improvement now. Instead of just showing the realone player logo on screen when it stopped working, it now stops working while showing the first picture of the clip……… huh .
I wonder what’s wrong, I have a new computer, with a lot of capacity, and I have a fast internet connection.
I tested the ram file for 'The Best Damn Sports Show' but I still cant open…..same problem with another ram file I tried. And since I have to turn the computer of and on again every time it hang’s up, I got a bit tired of testing even more clips.... sad

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard