Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I don't know if this was a netsplit or something, but it has a decidedly ominous feel to it, whatever it is... there isn't a soul in #loisclark! Even X is gone!

Confused,

-Jo

Merriwether
Merriwether
Are you sure you're on an Undernet server?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A few things could be happening here. It could just be an empty channel with no one logged in at the moment, but likely X should still be there. Other possibilities are that the server you are on may have disconnected from the other Undernet servers and therefore is isolated from anyone on the channel using other servers.

Things to look for are a missing topic and no X. Those are usually signs to go try a different server.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just another IRC question. Some time ago IRC just kicked me off. Since then, I can't make any connection to the undernet. I tried rebooting my computer and the router, but I'm still making rounds around the world.

The messages I get are:

1. Sorry, your connection class is full - try again later or try another server

2. Spamming trojan sites

3. G-Lined or K-Lined

I have no idea what that means, so I'm hoping someone can help me. It's the same on every computer in this house. The weird thing is, MSN and IE work just like they're supposed to.

So any suggestions?

Saskia help

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sad to say, Saskia, just every so often once you get kicked off you won't be able to find a server to get back on. It's rare these days, but it does happen if the system is exceptionally busy with people chatting and all servers are used up.

I've never seen the second two messages myself, but the first is pretty common.

It's unlikely to be anything wrong at your end. All you can really do is keep trying till you get a server or give up and leave it till tomorrow. When you'll probably find it's fine again. Hope so anyway!

Which servers have you been trying? I'm on Paris. Others currently in channel are using Stockholm and London. I'm sure you've tried those, but you never know.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Labby!

I still have no idea what happened, but I'm back on. After having tried *every* server for the umpteeth time, it finally made a connection again.

So with that, I can go to sleep happy today.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard