#228188 09/01/03 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope I'm posting this in the right section...okay:

This message is adressed to Erin Klinger.

Erin,

You sent me an email with an attached file...only the attachement didn't reach my mailbox and it seems your email adress isn't working.

I get 'delivery failure' messages each time I try to reply. Could you please try to re-sent it again, or ...do you have another email adress I could try?

Thanks in advance,

Carole

#228189 09/01/03 10:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Carole, it may be that the reason your emails to Erin are bouncing back is that you're spelling her surname incorrectly. It's Klingler, not Klinger.

The other thing which strikes me is to ask if you're sure whatever it was came from Erin? Sobig-F, one of the current viruses doing the rounds, sends emails with attachments faking the sender's address (so, for instance, I've had virus-emails from Zoomway, Kaethel and others who I know did not send them to me). More recently, a number of ISPs are stripping out the infected attachments before the emails reach their recipient, so if you've received an email which should have had an attachment but there's none present, it could well be that your ISP has removed an infected attachment.

After all this, if you're confident that the email really did come from Erin and isn't a virus, try her email address again, making sure that it's her current one (her address changed early this year) and that you're spelling her surname correctly.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#228190 09/01/03 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wendy,

Carole, it may be that the reason your emails to Erin are bouncing back is that you're spelling her surname incorrectly. It's Klingler, not Klinger.
The thing is I always reply automatically to the email, so I don't have to actually type the sender's adress. Which means ... wether Erin's mailbox is full or that the adress she emailed me from is wrong. But then, how come she was able to send me the email in the first place?

I thought of a virused email, but there was no attachement with it, wich also puzzled me. The other thing that bugged me was that this email was entitled "Re:" and I never send her one in the first place.

The positive thing being (/me touch wooden objects and crush fingers) so far, my compy works! On the other hand, the emails I get with attachement are automatically scanned by an anti-virus... But I'll keep the 'nasty virus' suggestion in mind, thanks! wink

Carole smile1

PS: I didn't babble too much, did I?

#228191 09/01/03 11:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought of a virused email, but there was no attachement with it, wich also puzzled me. The other thing that bugged me was that this email was entitled "Re:" and I never send her one in the first place.
A subject-line with just 're' in it, and a removed attachment: that's almost definitely a virus. Your ISP simply stripped the infected attachment out before sending the email on.

As to your reply being rejected, that has a simple explanation too. Whoever has the infected computer clearly has Erin's old email address in their address-book. That's why it won't work as a reply address.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#228192 09/02/03 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever has the infected computer clearly has Erin's old email address in their address-book. That's why it won't work as a reply address.
Okay, then. I suppose that means I don't have to worry about an hypothetic reply... wink

Carole smile1

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard