Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

I already post this, but disappear from the board. So I'll post again.

I understand the importants of "!An important topic" and "A closed topic or poll".

But,

Why have they stay fix there, once you read it can go or move on like the rest of the post.
Its confuse. You expect to find there the recent post there.

Thanks again,

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Maria, these topics are important information about how some things of these boards work. So whenever new people join the boards, the topics are on top. That prefens us from having to explain the same thing time and time again.

You can just ignore them. And I'm pretty sure you read over them once you're used to it.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maria they stay there because then new members can find them right away. They don't slip down the boards and vanish and have to be hunted down. Or are missed entirely by new members who don't know they are there or to look for them. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Maria is not happy. Why not another forum?
MAF mecry

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
Honestly, because we already have several forums, including a 'How To' section. But instead of having to answer the same questions over and over, we can choose the ones that we feel are most important to newcomers (like how to post photos, for example) and make the answers really easy to find.

Being able to "stick" a topic to the top of a folder is a helpful moderator tool. We don't plan to abuse this feature; there are very few threads that will get stuck to the top of a folder. I don't think it will be difficult to just skip over them. As was said earlier, after a little while, you won't even see them.

Oh, and in case you were worried about the front page not updating properly, the stuck threads don't show on the main front page. You'll always be able to see what the most recent active topic is when you first come to the MB -- the stuck threads won't impact that at all.

Hope that helps,

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In my experience of other messageboards, Maria, in a week you won't even notice them. wink

Since they always stay in the same place, it's easy to ignore them and jump straight to the first post directly beneath them.

LabRat smile (who was just up out of bed and didn't notice Kathy had already said this before she posted... <g>)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard