Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227951 04/25/03 01:18 AM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I can't help myself, I'm addicted to curiosity. I'm curious where the server for these board is. Not that it makes any difference, but I'm curious.
When I signed on, my local time was -18 hours from local server time. It's 8 hours to Zulu, so that makes the server +10 hours time zone. Which is Malaysia, central Australia or Japan.
Thanks for any answers you give.
Artemis
- the clock nut

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#227952 04/24/03 11:58 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, Artemis, I have also been noticing the clock changes, but then, it could just be a bad setup (putting the server in the wrong time zone and not setting for daylight savings time, if there is one at the server location). wave

#227953 04/24/03 01:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As far as I know, the server is in Pennsylvania (East Coast USA). It's just got some messed-up time settings blush It should stabilize soon -- if your times are looking wacky, you can go into your profile and scroll down -- it'll tell you what to set the offset to.

Personally, I went from -15 to +3 smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#227954 04/24/03 03:51 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The server is located on the west coast. As mentioned in a previous post, I have notified the guy who takes care of these systems, which it seems that he has taken care of it since the setting is once again back to 3 for EST. I have just adjusted the over all boards settings. However, the time for you can only be set by your profile. If the time seems off, please follow what Pam suggested and check your profile settings. UBB tells you what your setting should based on the difference between the server and *your* PC. This is not really something I can fix for you, but I can be sure that the server itself stays correct.

Thanks.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#227955 04/25/03 02:35 PM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great, Annette. I wasn't bothered by it, I was just curious. I'm on the west coast, so I'm on server time laugh
Thanks
Artemis
The server is now behind real time. The post I just made was at 3:35 a.m. April 25 and it's 6:35 p.m. April 16. I'm off to read the other posts on this topic, so no reply is necessary. Thanks.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard