Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227507 12/28/13 09:26 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Okay, so I feel like I've kind of been absent from the boards for a bit, due to finals, my annual Star Wars marathon, and this film project I signed on for that I *finally* completed my part in today ( smile1

5. Open myself up to new opportunities. I'm a relatively guarded and cynical person, with a few trust issues and disorders. I don't want to be that person forever. SO, this last goal is to be able to say by 2015 that I've had some adventures with friends, opened myself up to new loves, spread my wings a bit more, and become my own person. I don't want to look back on the year and wonder what I did with my time... Also, some romance would be nice. wink

BONUS- Non-goal milestone: Drinking. thumbsup

What do you guys want? cool

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#227508 12/29/13 02:46 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Hmmmm... This year's going to be a bit of a challenge.

1) Get ONE story finished and posted. Whether it's "When Pheromones Attack!," "Late Night Phone Call," "A Super Date in the Clouds" or even a story from my anti-universe is up to me.

2) Buy and move into a new house (we've been on the house-hunting market for a while but we keep waffling on ether hubby wants to stay in the area or move even further afield).

3) Birthday parties for both boys (1 year for Solomon, 2 year for War'n Peace) (I have to spell out this sort of thing because if I don't I will never happen and they will feel disapointed in the long run.)

4) If we don't move houses, at least move the office into the library, War'n Peace into the former office, and get him a real twin (or at least real toddler) bed (so Solomon can move into his and War'n Peace's room in another 6-9 months)]

5) Clean the kitchen to sparkling, and get the living room clean with minimal toys in it.

6) Make dinner at home for a full month. (picnics count)

7) Schedule one date night a month without the boys

8) Try to read more books that are NOT for my boys (starting with Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 years from my husband).

9) Do more research on the local Breweries/local beer of the past or the local newspapers in the past. The second will lead to...

10) Splitting and re-writing a school research paper for my history of mass media class into two articles that I'll submit to the local history museum's "Heartland Heritage Collection.")

Lots of stuff, not a lot of time. A new little one in the mix that was unexpected at the time of my resolution list in 2013, we'll see what gets done (poke and prod me once a month on those stories, I intend to post every one even if it's years down the line, but I need people to help keep them in the forefront.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#227509 12/29/13 07:38 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Christina:
6) Make dinner at home for a full month. (picnics count)
Shoot. I was supposed to add "learn to cook" to the list, because my mom said if I wasted any more ingredients trying to make something, she'd kick me out,. And also, she can't trust me to live on my own without knowing the basics. :rolleyes: Whatever. I can microwave the crap out of stuff or eat salads or takeout. Especially since I've learned not to microwave tin foil. blush

Congrats on the baby, Christina! Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I figured a second one of these guys wouldn't hurt anything: dance

--Mark Twain
#227510 12/29/13 09:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm...what to try to accomplish in 2014?

1. Lose those extra pounds (I'm not saying how many extra).
2. Complete Panem (and at least one of my Titanic fics, preferably Dare to Love, which I'm writing partly for the fun of writing about the 1960s).
3. Update my website.
4. Catalog all those piles of books I've obtained at work.
5. Learn to get along with the head of technology at work, even if he is a butthead.
6. Figure out the secret to making Easter lilies bloom at Easter (rather than at the 4th of July).
7. Figure out a way to protect my apricots, peaches, and berries from the birds (without harming the birds).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#227511 12/29/13 11:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b]Where You Want to Be by 2015

Because that's what this really is, and it seems a lot more motivational than just "resolutions" which I'll forget I made until next year. :p Might just be the kick in the pants I need.

So, what are the top five(ish) things you want to have accomplished by 2015?[/b]
Since my resolutions are basically the same as that goal, here are the ones I've come up with so far:

#1: Sleep more and on time.
#2: Finish Wrong Clark. wallbash
#3: Laugh more... mostly thinking I'll be able to accomplish both #1 & #2 within the same year...and yell less.
#4: Be more concise in my writing lol
#5: Get a job... well, one of those that pays in real money and allows me to talk to people within 25 years of my age, get out of the house every once in a while, and use my brain.
#6: Spend more quality time with my children and hubby, doing things *I* want to do, which doesn't include chores.
#7: Teach my husband (I've been together with for 20 years) what are an appropriate gift for his wife. SOCKS, and just socks, are not on that list. :rolleyes: /in case you're wondering, yes, I often base Clark's lunkheadedness on my hubby. Write what you know, people./
#8: Teach myself to spoil myself more and my kids less... included in this, use the gym membership I signed up for, at least once a week (or more) for me and not them.
#9: Get my kids how to listen and to hear.... hmmm. [Linked Image] And my hubby.
#10: Learn to live in the present, that life's a gift, and I should appreciate the good life, kids, and hubby that I have.

BONUS- Non-goal milestone: Drinking.
Would this be starting or stopping, Mouse? wink

You should bump up our 2013 Resolutions to the top and we can all see how well we've done, or not. (I have a sinking feeling my top two items haven't changed since last January. blush )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#227512 12/29/13 02:00 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]BONUS- Non-goal milestone: Drinking.
Would this be starting or stopping, Mouse? wink [/b]
That would be starting, Virginia. wink Just a couple months now. Though I don't expect I'll be drinking much. angel-devil

--Mark Twain
#227513 12/29/13 03:12 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
debt paid off, THIS YEAR!! WHOOT!!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#227514 12/31/13 09:26 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sidebar:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!!!

smile1 smile1 dance jump

--Mark Twain
#227515 12/31/13 10:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[b]BONUS- Non-goal milestone: Drinking.
Would this be starting or stopping, Mouse? wink [/b]
That would be starting, Virginia. wink Just a couple months now. Though I don't expect I'll be drinking much. dance

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#227516 01/08/14 12:17 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy New Year everyone thumbsup

#4. Cooking...I am very skilled at our microwave, and have great talent in pulling frozen things out of the freezer and sending them on their way to thaw in the oven--BUT, I really need to work on 'meals'. I have a few reliable recipes, but we need to up our options clap (husband and kids nodding wholeheartedly).

#5. Play--we have a 4 and 2 year old, who are amazing little people. There is always more play to be had. And at this age, anything and everything is so fun for them. Think this correlates nicely with #3.

#6. Lois & Clark--anything related to the show...watching episodes, message boards, reading fanfic, hopefully getting some fanfic started. It's what I use as my free-time, my little escape. Anything related to the show makes me very happy, and I want to be sure to get that time in for myself--because it helps with all the above unfolding...

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
So how did everyone do this year? I'll post the results of mine in a bit, but I thought I'd bump this up as we're concerned the last week of the year,

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Let's see how things shook out for me...
Hmmmm... This year's going to be a bit of a challenge.

1) Get ONE story finished and posted. Whether it's "When Pheromones Attack!," "Late Night Phone Call," "A Super Date in the Clouds" or even a story from my anti-universe is up to me.
Nope. (although I hope my beta can remind me that I've made progress SOMEWHERE).

2) Buy and move into a new house (we've been on the house-hunting market for a while but we keep waffling on ether hubby wants to stay in the area or move even further afield.
Double nope and believe me this is becoming a sore spot especially as we now have a third one due come 2015 (in April, no less). Hubby is now wanting to look for another job which puts us in the "uncertain" category on house-hunting. *growls in irritation*. And I was so close to getting him to put in a bid too (not on one that I wanted but one that HE wanted and I was resigned to by that point).

3) Birthday parties for both boys (1 year for Solomon, 2 year for War'n Peace) (I have to spell out this sort of thing because if I don't I will never happen and they will feel disapointed in the long run.)
Sorta. The only person (of four people invited) that came to my elder son's b-day was his cousin. He still had a fun time and still talks about his cousin a lot even though he doesn't see him often. The one year party almost DIDN'T happen. If my in-laws hadn't stepped up to host I don't know what would have happened.

4) If we don't move houses, at least move the office into the library, War'n Peace into the former office, and get him a real twin (or at least real toddler) bed (so Solomon can move into his and War'n Peace's room in another 6-9 months)
Well this sorta happened. Back at the end of October the kids were "evicted" from our house (it's a long story, not one I'm wanting to get into) for a week (they were sent over to my in-laws) while my husband and I got the house completely cleaned (I mean heavier than spring cleaning clean). During that time, the office was dismantled and moved into our bedroom, and War'n Peace's bed and dresser was moved into the former office and we got a new crib to put our Little Wise Lion in the library. It still leaves a question mark for when the new baby arrives. When I finally got hubby to agree to it, I thought we were well on our way to getting a house. Guess what? Not gonna happen by Hubby's reckoning (yes, this is a sore spot for me).

5) Clean the kitchen to sparkling, and get the living room clean with minimal toys in it.
Done once I had the kids "evicted"

6) Make dinner at home for a full month. (picnics count) [quote]Wish I could say this happened but it hasn't. We got close a couple of times, though.

[quote]7) Schedule one date night a month without the boys
nope. In fact, other than the eviction time frame (doesn't count given each of us ended up sleeping at the in-laws each night during it) hubby and I haven't had a SINGLE evening together in almost six months.

8) Try to read more books that are NOT for my boys (starting with Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 years from my husband).
This one I think I can say happened.

9) Do more research on the local Breweries/local beer of the past or the local newspapers in the past. The second will lead to...

10) Splitting and re-writing a school research paper for my history of mass media class into two articles that I'll submit to the local history museum's "Heartland Heritage Collection.")
Nope and Nope. Haven't had enough time to myself that hasn't been designated to keeping the house in order (part of the reason the kids were "evicted", which was not my or hubby's decision).

So that's where I've been this year. Nothing really moving forward that needs to move forward.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let's see...
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
#1: Sleep more and on time.
lol
#2: Finish Wrong Clark.
rotflol [Linked Image]
#3: Laugh more... mostly thinking I'll be able to accomplish both #1 & #2 within the same year...and yell less.
Yes, on "a". I plead the Fifth on "b"

#4: Be more concise in my writing
Um... Nope?

#5: Get a job... well, one of those that pays in real money and allows me to talk to people within 25 years of my age, get out of the house every once in a while, and use my brain.
Nope. Been looking for 6 months, but apparently being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years is worse than being a convicted murderer just out of jail. So, for 2015, I can no longer look for an office job that I might actually enjoy and just take anything which will pay (and has no pride/ego inducements) so we can pay the bills.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Kids, DON'T get a liberal arts degree! Apparently, you can't get any better jobs than you would without paying to go to college anyway. You'll still end up with the same soul-sucking job you'd get without the college degree, but regret it more because you know you deserve to do better because of your degree. Ha! A Liberal Arts Degree is only for those planning on spending even more money to go get a Masters in Business Admin, Teaching, (etc.) It's been 20 years since I've graduated and I've yet to get a job out of retail with my degree, no matter how hard I try. mecry

#6: Spend more quality time with my children and hubby, doing things *I* want to do, which doesn't include chores.
Um... Well, I get to spend much more time with my husband since he quit his 60 hour-a-week job (that only paid him for 40 hours-a-week), but "quality" and "doing what I want" and "without chores" not so much.

#7: Teach my husband (I've been together with for 20 years) what are an appropriate gift for his wife. SOCKS, and just socks, are not on that list. :rolleyes: /in case you're wondering, yes, I often base Clark's lunkheadedness on my hubby. Write what you know, people./
He's learning. /scratches head and tries to remember what he got me for Christmas other than the Airplane movie/ huh Can't remember...

#8: Teach myself to spoil myself more and my kids less... included in this, use the gym membership I signed up for, at least once a week (or more) for me and not them.
Well, I did okay toward the beginning of the year, but then after summer we had to get rid of the gym membership because between illness and financial hardships couldn't afford to pay for something I didn't use.

#9: Get my kids how to listen and to hear.... hmmm. [Linked Image] And my hubby.
lol That was always a pipe dream.

#10: Learn to live in the present, that life's a gift, and I should appreciate the good life, kids, and hubby that I have.
I'm getting better at this, I think. [Linked Image] I hope.

Hmmmm. Still trying to remember what my husband got me for Christmas, which was... YESTERDAY. wallbash Well, he did get me socks, too, but *this* year I asked for them.

Sigh. The year started out better than it ended. That's for sure. Let's hope 2015 will be better.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Is anybody else noticing that my resolutions at the top are like gone? All I can find is number 5...

Hmm. Well, I guess I have made some progress with number 5. I've definitely done a lot more this year. I did graduate, and start drinking ( wink ) and bridesmaid-ed at my best friend's wedding and went to a couple of other weddings. Had my grandparent's 50th anniversary party and a ton of family visiting. Got a part-time job, and some freelance work, and have been planning a couple of trips. I think I did okay. goofy I'll have to think about next year's list... it's coming up sooner than expected. shock

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I could have sworn that I had posted a resolution here last year. Maybe it got lost in the transition to the new web site. huh In any event, the year before, I had lost a lot of weight but put most of it back on. My resolution for 2014 had been to re-lose it and keep it off.

So how did I do? I re-lost all of it, and some of it has remained off. My resolution for 2015 is a repeat of that in 2014. Let's see how I fare this time around...

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Doing some much-needed catch up whistle....

Nothing like thinking about my resolutions almost a month into the new year--whoops. It totally is par for the course right now, though. With a three and five year old in preschool, with moving into a new home from out of state right before the holidays, with a lot of traveling over the holidays....and then two rounds of Pink Eye, and 6 bad colds just since getting home from the holiday travel (between me and the kiddos--Pink Eye for both of them, and two colds for each of us wink )--Yeah...it's been a bit of a whirl-wind of a few months. Hence, a bit behind (won't even mention how un-moved in we still really are... shock ).

My resolutions for 2014...
#4. Cooking...I am very skilled at our microwave, and have great talent in pulling frozen things out of the freezer and sending them on their way to thaw in the oven--BUT, I really need to work on 'meals'. I have a few reliable recipes, but we need to up our options clap (husband and kids nodding wholeheartedly).

#5. Play--we have a 4 and 2 year old, who are amazing little people. There is always more play to be had. And at this age, anything and everything is so fun for them. Think this correlates nicely with #3.

#6. Lois & Clark--anything related to the show...watching episodes, message boards, reading fanfic, hopefully getting some fanfic started. It's what I use as my free-time, my little escape. Anything related to the show makes me very happy, and I want to be sure to get that time in for myself--because it helps with all the above unfolding...

Laura

Well, rotflol, I seem to be missing about half of them--the upgrade didn't like me, I seem to remember. And the really funny (probably not that great) thing is, I really don't remember what #1-#3 were. Eek! Probably a sign they weren't accomplished, huh? wink

Hmmm...skipping right ahead to #4:

#4. Cooking--Ummm. Ummm. Can I skip this one? grin I fear, I'm worse than I was before at the 'cooking' thing. I've come to excel at the microwave oven during this last year. And yeah--the freezer is still my go-to place to find some sort of 'meal' for us to eat. I am making a clam linguine tonight, though hyper. (It's one of the few things I CAN make...).

#5. Playing--Doing pretty well on this. Kiddos and I were just in the basement playing with a train set, while at the same time, playing 'beauty shop'. Boy and I: train. Girl and I: she was giving me a hairstyle while I was playing with the train set. Now, if only I could remember how this correlates with whatever #3 was blush.

#6. Lois & Clark--No problem there dance. Definitely loving it and enjoying it more than ever. And I have gotten a fanfic started--I've been working on it for months.

So...2 of the 3. Huh--not too bad smile. As for the missing three...well--that's probably another story wink.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard