Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227479 12/09/13 10:48 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I came across this in someone's blog, a real US intelligence agency's mission patch for a spy satellite. Anyone else think it possibly sends the wrong message?

[Linked Image]

Click on it to read the article if you dare...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Well, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a little levity about U.K. taxes--something about providing security for a David Beckham visit or something equally light. Then reality intrudes. I haven't read the article yet, but it has been obvious for a while that "government of the people, by the people, for the people" is something less.

Shallowford
Top Banana
Top Banana
That is somewhere between seriously creepy and lolworthy.

And am I the only one who saw the number 39 and wondered if they have someone named Jason Trask working for them?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, how sweet. Someone in Office of National Intelligence has been reading my epic soap opera, Wrong Clark. I feel honored. Should I tell them that the octopus is supposed to be purple, not yellowish orange? It's probably too late, huh? Too bad. On the other hand, those National Security types aren't usually manly enough to represent themselves by something purple.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that "Office of National Intelligence" seems a bit oxymoranish? Especially because they ANNOUNCE the launch of spy satellites. [Linked Image] Um... guys, doesn't that defeat the purpose of...uh... spying? I'm sure that's exactly what Lois does...

LOIS: Spoke, I know I'm dressed like one of your usual brunette floozies, but actually I'm a highly intelligent member of the press. While distracting you with my cleavage, I'm going to plant this listening device into your vest pocket. Now, how about that drink?

Annie B. wrote:
And am I the only one who saw the number 39 and wondered if they have someone named Jason Trask working for them?
clap That wouldn't be too surprising, IMHO.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
That is somewhere between seriously creepy and lolworthy.
yep, tentacle rape written all over that emblem

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just came across this while looking for someone else. In the light of recent Agents of SHIELD episodes etc. I'm wondering if they're a HYDRA front!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard