Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#227237 08/10/13 03:01 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Karen:
[b] I used to read a lot of Sliders fanfic and post on the usenet boards back when it was on, and read a fair amount of Stargate fanfic over the years. I've pretty much stopped reading any fanfic at all. I just don't have the time or inclination anymore.
You mean, except LnC fanfic, right? Right? wink [/b]
Sadly, no, I don't. I've glanced in the Fanfic folder, but it's been awhile since I actually clicked on a story link. I was reading the archive at work for a little bit, but I had to close it permanently because I wasn't getting my work done. And at home, I just don't have the time.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#227238 01/15/14 05:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I’ve been part of a few fandoms over the years, Smallville, Heroes, Chuck. I have been less active in those fandoms since the shows ended, but still participate in forums and discussions for them, just not as much. In relation to my involvement in the Chuck fandom, I moderate a forum for one of the actresses from the show, Yvonne Strahovski. I also help run the main site the forum is part of. In addition I completely run the gallery doing screencaps and such. I have a lot of responsibilities to take care of and at times the workload can become a bit overwhelming, but I enjoy it.

As for fanfic, I kinda got involved accidentally, writing it anyway. My original intention was to write only one fic which I needed to write for personal reasons. After that though, more and more stories kept following. Most of my writing has been for Chuck, though I have written a few for Heroes as well. I haven’t written anything for L&C yet, but I am considering giving it a try sometime. I was thinking of possibly trying one of the monthly challenges.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#227239 01/15/14 07:09 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Lady Loisette:
As for fanfic, I kinda got involved accidentally, writing it anyway. My original intention was to write only one fic which I needed to write for personal reasons. After that though, more and more stories kept following. Most of my writing has been for Chuck, though I have written a few for Heroes as well. I haven’t written anything for L&C yet, but I am considering giving it a try sometime. I was thinking of possibly trying one of the monthly challenges.
That's always how it starts... Just using characters as a funnel for your emotions... and then, everything sort of explodes out of control. Embrace the madness. laugh (I used my story "Distraught" to work through some major issues of mine.) Definitely write for the boards! The little monthly challenges are a perfect way to dip your toe into the waters. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#227240 01/16/14 11:47 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois and Clark is the only fandom I've ever participated in. Honestly, there has never been another show that I felt even remotely compelled to look into, or to get involved with.

L&C premiered when I was 13--there had been shows that I had liked by that point, but nothing that I really loved--and then I sat through the pilot episode of this show. AMAZED does not even come close to what I felt when I saw L&C the first time. I loved every aspect of it--the characters and personalities of Clark and also Lois, the developing love triangle btw them, the close family relationship btw the Kents, Lois and Clark's career and their lives living in a 'big city' (I grew up in a small town), and also the story of Clark being Superman, and his desire to live a 'normal' life. I had never seen much of anything 'Superman' at that point (barely even knew the story of the superhero)--and had originally tuned in due to seeing the commercials, with what looked like an interesting relationship btw the title characters.

Anyway, L&C has been very much a constant in my life these last 20 years--something that would take my mind off of almost anything going on, put a smile on my face, make me always laugh...

The only show that I'm currently really into is Castle--which I heard about here on the boards this fall (thanks clap

I'm very grateful that L&C has such an awesome community of fans, and likewise, such a wonderful/creative/amazing Archive and message board. I've really been spoiled--this being the only fandom that I've ever been lucky enough to be a part of smile

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#227241 01/16/14 01:41 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b]As for fanfic, I kinda got involved accidentally, writing it anyway. My original intention was to write only one fic which I needed to write for personal reasons. After that though, more and more stories kept following. Most of my writing has been for Chuck, though I have written a few for Heroes as well. I haven’t written anything for L&C yet, but I am considering giving it a try sometime. I was thinking of possibly trying one of the monthly challenges.
That's always how it starts... Just using characters as a funnel for your emotions... and then, everything sort of explodes out of control. Embrace the madness. laugh (I used my story "Distraught" to work through some major issues of mine.) Definitely write for the boards! The little monthly challenges are a perfect way to dip your toe into the waters. hyper [/b]
Yeah, instead of one I now have 39 completed stories and a few more in progress.

I have one of the challenges in mind. I'm just waiting to see what the rules/requirements for it are.

#227242 01/16/14 02:01 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I’ve been part of a few fandoms over the years, Smallville, Heroes, Chuck. I have been less active in those fandoms since the shows ended, but still participate in forums and discussions for them, just not as much. In relation to my involvement in the Chuck fandom, I moderate a forum for one of the actresses from the show, Yvonne Strahovski. I also help run the main site the forum is part of. In addition I completely run the gallery doing screencaps and such. I have a lot of responsibilities to take care of and at times the workload can become a bit overwhelming, but I enjoy it.

Now you've got me curious about which Chuck stories you've written. I wrote one that by the end of the series was not really negated at all featuring General Beckman and Roan Montgomery that took place post "Chuck vs. the Seduction." I don't think I posted it anywhere but on my Livejournal but I think it ought to. It was one of the first fanfics I've ever written. I just re-read it and it still holds up (although completely unbeta-d).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#227243 01/16/14 04:14 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Christina:
[b]As for fanfic, I kinda got involved accidentally, writing it anyway. My original intention was to write only one fic which I needed to write for personal reasons. After that though, more and more stories kept following. Most of my writing has been for Chuck, though I have written a few for Heroes as well.
Now you've got me curious about which Chuck stories you've written. I wrote one that by the end of the series was not really negated at all featuring General Beckman and Roan Montgomery that took place post "Chuck vs. the Seduction." I don't think I posted it anywhere but on my Livejournal but I think it ought to. It was one of the first fanfics I've ever written. I just re-read it and it still holds up (although completely unbeta-d). [/b]
Everything I've ever written is unbeta-d. I post my stories on ff.net under the name Zerectica

#227244 01/16/14 07:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only other message boards I am active with (and then, not so much at the current moment in time) is the Talking Xena boards. (I also am a member of Zoom's L&C boards.)

In the past, I was active on the old Studios USA Xena, Hercules, and Jack of All Trades boards. I also was part of a Lion King board, but, after a recent revamp, I've left it because I don't like what was done there. I also felt old there - most members were in their teens, or acted like it.

I never did the message board thing (but did read things online) for Lost and Dexter.

I have written fanfic for L&C, Xena, Lord of the Rings, Jack of All Trades, Hercules, Lost, The Lion King, the Matrix (one "manual" style fic). I also had my L&C/Dexter crossover.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#227245 01/17/14 01:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting that a lot of you all are into Castle. I just picked up the first season of it as well -- hoping for a bit of LnC kind of chemistry. Maybe we all picked up on that?

Also, just started watching Downton Abbey. OMG is this an amazing series! Haven't started in on the fanfic aspect of it at all, but I watched the first Season in a matter of days! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#227246 01/17/14 07:47 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Posted by DC:
The only other message boards I am active with (and then, not so much at the current moment in time) is the Talking Xena boards. (I also am a member of Zoom's L&C boards.)
I'm on Zoom's boards, also smile . Whenever I'm online, I'm pretty much always here, there, or reading from the Archive...

Posted by Mozartmaid:
Interesting that a lot of you all are into Castle. I just picked up the first season of it as well -- hoping for a bit of LnC kind of chemistry. Maybe we all picked up on that?
I haven't seen any of the first season, but have caught about all of this season (and have been trying to catch up when older reruns air here and there throughout the week). So far, have not been disappointed. Really interesting show with a lot of suspense, mystery, comedy (great dialog btw the main characters), etc, etc. It's like L&C in that it seems to focus mostly on the two main characters throughout the episode, solving their case--and as a partnership. Great supporting characters, too. There definitely is some nice chemistry btw Castle and Beckett, but can't top L&C clap . Bet you'll really like it...(and have not forgotten about Smallville--on the to-do list--and still wanting to dive into the series dance )

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard