Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227195 07/26/13 03:13 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hello. peep My name is MacKenzie. I also go by Mac. I was here back in 2007. Then I got distracted (probably with Buffy/Angel) and went off to other fandoms, take care of my family, and also volunteer at my local Domestic Violence Shelter, where later it turned into a job for a year. I just left that job to stay home with my children (again). At the Domestic Violence shelter I was an advocate where I met one on one with the women and helped them through the difficult time that they were going through. I also answered the 24 hour hotline a couple times a week. IF anyone is in an abusive relationship, I urge you to seek help from your local domestic violence shelter and see what your options are. If you can't find your local domestic violence shelter, and need to talk, you may contact me by the Private Message system here and I will try to locate a hotline for you and you can always talk with me about it as well.

I just felt like I should put this information out there for anyone who needs to talk but doesn't know who they can talk to. I think it's important to let you know that computer activity can be traced. If you are in an abusive relationship and your abuser has the knowledge to access what sites you are visiting even after your history is erased, then please use a public computer such as at a library so that your abuser won't know that you are checking out your options. It's important to make a safety plan and safety plans will vary depending on your resources and other options. If you call a hotline, then it would be a good idea to call a random number after the call so that if your abuser presses redial it won't go to the hotline. If you have a cell phone, wipe the number from your call history in addition to dialing a random number. If you are a male and need help in leaving an abusive relationship or just advice, then you may also contact me. My husband and I both would be helping you. He was also employed with the shelter and answered the hotline a couple of nights a week. Anything I'm told about abuse stays between me and the person I'm helping. It is highly confidential.

I got interrupted while composing this post and I have lost my train of thought. confused If you have any questions on anything that I have said, then please ask. laugh

{{{hugs to all}}}
Mac
#227196 07/27/13 08:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good advice. Thank you for sharing. I hope none of us ever have to use it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard