Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Hi

My name is Fiona or Fi but I prefer using AngelRose or AR online.

Let's see, what to tell you about me?

Well, I'm (in theory) old enough to know better but young enough not to care. I'm a historian by training, but until a few weeks ago I worked at a local government office in London (my birth place). Now I've moved with my parents to Cork (their birth place).

I love writing stories of all kinds (& temperatures), but if you ask me what my first love is I say without a seconds thought Musical Theatre. My one true regret at moving was the West End being so far away, but it's only an hour's flight I guess.

Oh yeah if you see me ever mention Zaza, she's my electric wheelchair, but that's no bigge except for decent seats & queue-barging at stage-doors.

I love Lois & Clark but I'm more of a Clark girl than a Superman one if that makes any sense & a good WAFFY story is always the one for me.

I hoping my old 'chums' Lois & Clark will ease my way into my new life, give me somewhere to hide during the tough/boring bits & maybe make me an online friend or two along the way,

So anyways, that's me, I'd love it if some of you would say hi & point out a couple of good fics to start me off smile

Thanks

AR

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi AR,

Welcome aboard! smile You'll find this to be a warm and open group.

Your preference of Clark's persona over Superman's is probably pretty common here. After all, Clark was the real persona in the Lois-&-Clark universe; Clark made it abundantly clear throughout the show that he considered Superman to be nothing more than a disguise to let him do good.

I would highly recommend any fiction by Sue S. or Female Hawk. Are you familiar with the fanfic archive ? It has enough stories to keep even a speed-reader busy for years.

Happy reading!

Joy,
Lynn

A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Hi Lynn. smile Thanks for the welcome.

Yes the archive was how I found the boards, Is the any way to read stories offline btw? I'm staying for a while at a place with no landline & chewing mobile credit faster than you can say 'Daily Planet Headlines'

I'll check those authors out, thanks

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Do you have an e-reader or a tablet computer you could take with you? Some of the stories are already available in multiple formats to make it easier to read on handheld devices.

By the way, are you familiar with the Kerth awards for fanfic? They are entirely fan-based: fans nominate and elect winners in a variety of categories; fans also run the ceremonies. kerthawards.com has links to all of the nominated and winning stories. You really can't go wrong reading with any of them. They also have the advantage of being categorized, so if you only have time for a super-quick read, or if you are in the mood for a comedy or some romance, you can zero in on an appropriate story.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Fiona!
Welcome to the boards!

A couple of truly awesome FoLCs have taken a lot of time to convert our novel-sized fanfic into ebooks:
http://www.lcfanfic.com/wiki/doku.php
Plus, you'll find a lot of other fan-favorites ebookified.

Plus, every story submitted to the Archives since 2011 has been ebookified (http://www.lcfanfic.com/bydate.htm)

The nfic submitted to Anne's Place (http://www.nfanfic.net/nficintro.htm) is in HTML format so that's okay to read on various ebook-readers, too.

As for recommendations:
Anything by ML Thompson. Nan Smith (https://sites.google.com/site/lcfanfic/Home/author-series-guides/nan-smith-series-guide) (extra thumbsup for her Home series). Wendy Richards. Sue's already been mentioned. Virginia will make you laugh tears. Carol M. Kathy B. AC Aiken (you've got to check out her Look what the Cat dragged in).

You should definitely work through the Kerth award winners (http://www.kerthawards.com/) (yes, a lot of the names already mentioned will show up with their stories in the Kerths).

Okay, I know I missed many-a-story in this list, but that should get you started.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
I don't have a Kindle but a friend fut Kindle software on my laptop; would they still work?

Hi BTW :wave

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I would assume that it would let you do the equivalent of side-loading a document on a Kindle; give it a try and see what happens. If that doesn't work, you could simply right-click the link to any story and save the file in plain-text format and then read the stories in any text editor or word processor.

Joy,
Lynn

A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Ok thanks smile

Do you have to have been a member for a while to have a go at writing a story?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Nope. New writers are always welcomed and nurtured here. You only need to do two things to start posting stories:

1) Join the list. You've obviously already done this. wink

2) Write your story. If it is going to be many parts, it is a good idea to have a "buffer" of a few parts written and ready for posting before you post the first part. Readers usually appreciate it if you announce a posting schedule for multi-part stories. And if you wish a beta reader (always a good idea), just ask. Usually, someone will volunteer.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., If you have not already done so, be sure to check out the FAQ page. It will tell you all you need to know.

A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Thanks for all the help smile

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Hi AngelRose! Welcome to an island of paradise in the fanfic world.

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
Welcome AR. It's always good to have new readers. Even better if they're new writers, too. smile

I hope settling into your new home goes smoothly. If our stories can help, that's wonderful!

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Welcome AR. I noticed you said you liked musical theatre. We are still trying to convince someone to write the full on Lois and Clark do a musical, or at least Lois does a musical and Clark watches (since apparently he has no musical sense, I guess he is not super in all ways).

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
Kerth
drool

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
A musical a la L&C? I'll think it over smile

The archive sounds like a very good idea; do they stories by chapter?

Thanks for the welcome smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by AngelRose:
A musical a la L&C? I'll think it over smile

The archive sounds like a very good idea; do they stories by chapter?

Thanks for the welcome smile
Hi AR!

The archive is for ... well, completed stories. If you're looking for somewhere to post WIPs, you'd be posting here on the MBs! Check out the "TOCs" topic on the main page, and you'll see what I mean. (and I agree with Mouse about the WIPs...some of them are really good, and have yet to be completed! And not just hers!! I'm looking at you, Sue and Virginia!) After the story is completed, THEN it's sent to the Archive. There are a lot of goodies on the Archive, and if you're looking for the Naughty!Fic (nFic), head over to Annesplace .

I'm sort of volunteering to get the nFic archive going again, and to provide secured storage space for the nFic eBooks-to-be. Just have to get off my duff and work on it!

Someone's already mentioned the eBook archive - that's a work in progress, too. You can read the fics on your computer or on a mobile device using the Kindle software available from Amazon (for MOBI/AZW), or Digital Editions from Adobe (for ePUB). The eBooks archive is converting the pre-January 2011 fic into an eReader format. As a Kindle owner, I highly recommend reading fics this way, as you can bookmark them and come back to the same spot!!

I'll stop babbling now wink

PS: Read Female Hawk's stories. That's my recc of the day wink

PPS: Dean can't sing. He's a "can't carry tune in bucket" kind of guy. And I'm dying thinking of L&C as a musical... rotflol rotflol rotflol

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards, AngelRose. It's always good to see a new and friendly face. wave .

Originally posted by Kismatt:
I'm looking at you, Sue and Virginia!
I'm working on it, really I am! rotflol rotflol rotflol </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beg to differ, Kismatt. From someone who CAN clear a room with her singing, he isn't half bad. Dean singing on 90210 I've heard worse, much worse. I think the rumor started because Teri can sing and the thought of Superman singing reminds us of that awful, *awful* Superman musical production. <<I won't even torture you all with the link, it's that bad.>> Anyway, if you can or can't carry a tune, who cares? I sing for my own enjoyment anyway, and I'm sure if Superman had someone cast a spell on him (ala the Buffy Musical episode) I'm betting he would too. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I'm working on it, really I am! And, yes, Sue, please post another part to your story. Don't leave us hanging *there*.
I've been following your epic wink I hope Sue is okay. She's killing us!!

*sneaks back to work*

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard