Print Thread
#227144 06/13/13 03:13 PM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
AS many of the gentle readers on the boards know, I've been involved in music for many years.

The current group I've been playing with has just put our previous CD on CD Baby.

It's The Blue Roses Greatest Hits Volume 1.

I'm the group's bass player and I also play some rythmn guitar. I only wrote one song on this CD;'You Just Can't Fool Your Heart' (which I wrote for a couple of friends who were getting married - second time each)

We hope to have our second CD finished within a month or two and have that up soon.

Tank (who says any publicity is good publicity)

#227145 06/14/13 02:02 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm actually a bit more intrigued by hearing about CD Baby. Have you had much success with the site? (I am a struggling opera singer... wondering about the possibilities of launching a demo with it.)

Also, any way to sample your music? smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#227146 06/16/13 04:49 AM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I wasn't the one to put the music up on the site. My buddy, Jim, who wrote most of the music did the actual work. It took a while and there is a charge, but I believe it's mostly just following procedures step by step.

There is a fee to put the music up there, but from that point on CD Baby handles all the 'bookeeping'. The site is for 'selling' downloads of your music and they do no pormotion. That is up to you.

If you click on the box at the left of the song title you get a short hear of the song (about 20 seconds). Or you can listen to the bits from the whole CD by clicking on the sample bar at the bottom.

I have a friend at work who has three CDs on the site and has had them there for several years. He's made a little money over time (about a grand) but it's mostly about getting your music out there.

Tank (who knows there are other sites out there also and recommends a bit of investigation before actually going forward on any of them)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard