Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Looks like there's gonna be a lot of summer hits out this year. Ironman3 came out today (better than I thought it'd be... though please stay until after the credits if possible. It explains the one thing(s) I didn't like about the movie from the start). Here's a list of movies that I've personally heard of that are coming out and think look great or at least interesting. Add more to the list if you'd like, comment if you see them! And please, keep it spoiler free!

1. Ironman 3 (May 3)

2. The Great Gatsby (May 10)

3. Star Trek: Into Darkness (May 17)

4. Fast and Furious 6 (May 24)

5. Much Ado About Nothing (June 7)

6. Man of Steel (June 14)

7. Monsters University (June 21)

8. World War Z (June 21)

9. Despicable Me 2 (July 3)

10. Lone Ranger (July 3)

11. Pacific Rim (July 12)

12. Grown Ups 2 (July 12)

13. Turbo (July 19)

14. The Wolverine (July 26)

15. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (August 7?)

etc...?

So I've decided that I'm going to either get a better paying job this summer or resign myself to being broke...

P.S. BOLD now means that the film is now in theaters. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only movie I'm planning on seeing in the theatre this summer is "Man of Steel". I can wait for DVD on the others. My disposable income isn't what it was before kids.

You did forget one comic book hero coming back to the big screen though:

10. The Wolverine. 7-26-13

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really looking forward to The Great Gatsby and The Man of Steel. And now, looking at your list, I'm also kinda curious about Much Ado About Nothing. Shakespeare and Joss Whedon combined sounds interesting.

The others can wait for a Sunday afternoon airing on the nearest tv, probably sometime next year, after one of the portuguese public channels gets the rights.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
The only movie I'm planning on seeing in the theatre this summer is "Man of Steel". I can wait for DVD on the others. My disposable income isn't what it was before kids.

You did forget one comic book hero coming back to the big screen though:

10. The Wolverine. 7-26-13
wallbash Of course! How did I forget that one? And I just saw the preview, too!

--Mark Twain
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lone Ranger -7/3/13

Kerth
Kerth
Saw Iron Man 3 this weekend, it's considerably better than Iron Man 2 - don't want to say anything too spoilery, except that some of Tony's less endearing habits come back to bite him, he and Pepper are still together throughout the film (and she totally kicks a**), and the plot sort of makes sense. There's a cute kid, but I suppose I can live with that. Oh, and the cut scene at the end is very funny, but I could have lived without nearly 10 minutes of titles first.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness. The entire audience was riveted and not a peep as the whole movie unfolded. I can only hope "Man of Steel" is as good as Star Trek. I think this reboot is better than the original and all the spin offs up to and including Jonathan Archer. The whole thing was just awesome. Just bought the paperback too.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Artemis:
Just saw [b]Star Trek: Into Darkness. The entire audience was riveted and not a peep as the whole movie unfolded. I can only hope "Man of Steel" is as good as Star Trek. I think this reboot is better than the original and all the spin offs up to and including Jonathan Archer. The whole thing was just awesome. Just bought the paperback too.
r/
Artemis [/b]
Agreed!! I couldn't believe how much I loved the new Star Trek! It was by far the best movie I've seen so far this summer (beats Ironman 3 and Great Gatsby, though I did love both...)

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, and I forgot to mention the "new" Klingons. Awesome look, and I'm ready for the 5 year mission to begin!
cool
Artemis

Top Banana
Top Banana
I saw Star Trek: Into Darkness late yesterday. I absolutely loved it! It is easily as good as any Trek movie before it and it might be the best yet.

I asked my son James what he thought, and he called it "obscenely awesome!"

So, unless you really hate either Star Trek or space-based action movies in general, you may want to take a look.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Latest Star Trek movie was perfection itself. Its a shame Gene didn't live to see it.

Man of Steel looks really interesting.

Iron Man3! YESSSSS! Love Tony.

Nothing else strikes my fancy.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
I just had a rather heated debate today with a six year old about which was going to be better: Monster University or Despicible Me.

Pretty sure we'll be seeing both lol

I already saw Iron Man 3, but I want to see Man of Steel, Gatsby and Much Ado for sure! My scene points will be well spent this summer! Lol (I get points when I use my debit card. Every 1000 points is a free movie)

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My order from Amazon just arrived with the book of "Star Trek Into Darkness" and the illustrated book of the new Star Trek series that's a prequel to the movie.
Bye. See you in a few days smile
Artemis

P
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
P
Huh, what new series prequel to the movies? I
haven't heard anything.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One of the other sites I hang out on is the Steve Jackson Games forums. Someone posted a review of the new Superman movie. Some quotes.

So after Krypton meets its' delayed fate we shift to Earth and a different movie. One I choose to call The Last Special Effects Explosion of Christ. Things go along in this mode for quite a while too.
Somewhere about halfway through the movie this "Superman" character starts trying to elbow his way in but it doesn't last long.
Then Zod arrives on Earth and meets the US military and we're in a sort of Transformers mode. Calling Zack Snyder "The Man Who Would Be Michael Bay" resonates with me right now.
We eventually transition between Transformers into Independence Day and oscillate between those two for a while.
Cavill is not actually bad and might make a decent Superman if The Man Who Would Be Michael Bay were appropriately stifled.
Full review

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just saw 'Star Trek: Into the Darkness' tonight and have to say it was pretty good. My hubby actually thought it was better than the last one, which we both universally loved. Two good movies in two weeks. If this is how my summer is shaping up, I'm going to have to say thumbsup (sadly, I doubt I'll get back to the cinema for another 4-6 months with my luck, although we might go see Despicable Me 2 for my son's birthday. Monster U just doesn't look like a kids' movie to me).

Saw previews for:
o - Pacific Rim (I'll pass, looks both expensive and bad)
o - Grown-Ups 2 (really? They spent money on this?) :rolleyes:
o - The Lone Ranger (it looked better before I saw the longer trailer)
o - World War Z (okay, I didn't see this trailer in the theatre but as we were trying to pick which movie to go see tonight. I still wouldn't pay to watch it... looks pretty freaky eek )
o - Hunger Games 2 (didn't want to watch Hunger Games 1, and this convinces me I made the right decision).

clap It looks I lucked out and saw the two good movies of the summer! MoS and ST:Into Darkness dance On a sad note, if this is the trend for summer movies, there won't be any cities left unscathed by Sept. 1 - First Metropolis and now San Fran (or I guess, the other way around, since ST came out a month ago). I'm guessing, Iron Man 3 did a number on NY, too.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Reviews of World War Z suggest that they've taken a good book that had a panoramic multi-person viewpoint - essentially, it's a collection of interviews with the survivors of a global disaster, with the reporter almost a cipher - and made the reporter and his family the only important characters in the story, turning it into a very routine disaster movie.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've seen the trailers for World War Z countless times, and for the longest time I was all like "what the heck? What, do they expect us to believe that only Brad Pitt and his family get saved out of everyone wanting on the helicopter? That's stupid! I don't even know what's going on!"

blush blush blush

I realized it about halfway through the trailer for it before MoS that the Z stands for Zombie! dizzy

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And... I fixed the list again. Just realized there were some more missing movies... blush

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I realized it about halfway through the trailer for it before MoS that the Z stands for Zombie! dizzy
That we believe what we're shown? wink There wasn't anything in the preview I saw that said the hoards attacking Brad Pitt were Zombie either, Mouse. There weren't any close-ups of what those others looked like, so how is an innocent viewer supposed to know. If I hadn't watched an episode or two of The Walking Dead and... I reluctantly admit... my husband told me, I wouldn't have automatically thought zombies either. (Which was a wise move on his part, because if he had dragged me to a zombie movie on our anniversary... it would have been the couch for him!)

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard