Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226806 12/31/12 09:18 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
After looking over last year's stuff, I decided to go at it again. These are, of course, preliminary things, as it is late and I am slightly incapacitated... but here we go!

1. Get healthy! smile1 thumbsup hyper party

edit: #6- Reach 1000 posts on boards. Check! What a great start! wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226807 01/01/13 02:09 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Congratulations Mouserocks, you Top Banana you.

Happy New Year one and all.

My resolution is pretty boring: I want to lose at least 13.5 pounds. Yes, that is an odd number -- but it would get me down to a particular-multiple-of-five-pounds weight, which is my real goal. And no, I am not about to share what that goal weight is.

Joy,
Lynn

#226808 01/02/13 03:30 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
After some thought my main resolutions are:

1. Read 50 books (at least) this year (otherwise my life span will be far from enough to read everything I want to).

2. Plan more (waaay more) before I act and be less obsessive with unimportant details = become more efficient.

3. (Not that it depends solely on myself but it's still a resolution) Keep my job.

4. Have a brilliant idea for my Master's thesis and work on it.

5. Become more independent.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#226809 01/05/13 04:58 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Let's see...

1) Finish my final two classes and get my bachelors degree.
2) Finish "When Pheromones Attack," "Honeymoonin'," and "Late night Phone Call.' (Three of the stories I've had in the works for a while but have all gotten stuck in one place or another.)
3) Get and keep the house at an acceptable level of clean(ie, bathrooms sparkling, the kitchen counters at least clear of items nt needed on them, Living room table with only ONE layer of stuff on it.)
4) Try to schedule one date night a month without War'N Peace.
5) Try to cook at home every day for one month (picnics count as "cooking at home".)
6) Try to read more books. I've been too busy with writing fics and attempting to do things at work or school on top of home chores that I haven't really read all that many books since War'N was a few months old.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#226810 01/06/13 01:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I, without even realizing, completed all the resolutions I made last year, so I'm very optimistic about this years:

1: Maintain my position on the Dean's list at school (minimum 4.0 GPA)

2: Spend less (at school, coffee shops and clothes that I don't even need)

2.1: Open a savings account or start stashing for a car/own apartment fund.

3: Stress less and have fewer nervous breakdowns about school. (although this might be over ruled by #1, I said stress less... not not at all... >_<)

4: Try to finish the half-dozen stories on my hard drive & revamp old ones that desperately need some work.

4.1: Start my book <- has been on my mental list for like 5 years... lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#226811 01/06/13 01:51 PM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
What a fun topic!

1. Study for and take the GRE

2. Apply in a timely manner to the schools and graduate programs I would like to attend. (I'm a major procrastinator, so this one is going to be hard.)

3. In the past 6 months I have already made lifestyle changes that has resulted in a healthier and happier me, so basically I want to maintain this.

4. Finally, my bff and I made a joint resolution to take the surfing lessons we're always talking about. We body board, but we're ready for bigger thrills.

"I like being surprised, as long as I know about it in advance." - Lois, Illusions of Grandeur
#226812 02/13/13 08:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay. I know this is late, but what the hey!

#1 - Exercise more (any, at the moment would be more) - so doable.

#2 - Finish "Wrong Clark" before the end of the year. whinging

#9 - Remember to call my family more often.

#10 - Clean my desk at least once of month to make my neat-freak of a hubby think I'm accomplishing something in my office. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226813 12/28/13 10:08 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Christina:
Let's see...

1) Finish my final two classes and get my bachelors degree.
2) Finish "When Pheromones Attack," "Honeymoonin'," and "Late night Phone Call.' (Three of the stories I've had in the works for a while but have all gotten stuck in one place or another.)
3) Get and keep the house at an acceptable level of clean(ie, bathrooms sparkling, the kitchen counters at least clear of items nt needed on them, Living room table with only ONE layer of stuff on it.)
4) Try to schedule one date night a month without War'N Peace.
5) Try to cook at home every day for one month (picnics count as "cooking at home".)
6) Try to read more books. I've been too busy with writing fics and attempting to do things at work or school on top of home chores that I haven't really read all that many books since War'N was a few months old.
So how did your resolution list go this year?

Here's where my resolutions were resolved or not.

1) DONE! It's just a general studies degree but at least (after eleven years) I finally have the paper to prove I'm smart. goofy

2) Posted a section of "When Pheromones Attack!". Sadly, it is still not much further on the subsequent sections. I've been tweaking "Honeymoonin'" but that story has to wait until "When Pheromones Attack!" is finished (Honeymoonin' is it's sequel). "Late Night Phone Call" is still on the back burner. On the flip side of this resolution, major ideas for multiple other fics that have either been majorly drafted or at least majorly outlined (the kind of outline that would get me midway through writing a story before petering out about the buildup to the climax).

3) The house? Phwaw! Worse than ever. When War'n Peace got to be about a year and a half the house went to pot. Here's hoping things get better next year.

4) Sadly, did not happen. Part of that was pregnancy related, part of that was just no energy to schedule things. Once again, one that will go back on the list for this coming year.

5) Did actually attempt this one and there have been a lot of meals at home as of late but still didn't achieve this one. Will go back on my list for 2014.

6) Been reading more books but... just not the books I want to read. Multiple books get read to War'n Peace ALL of the time. Few of them have been for me.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#226814 12/29/13 12:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Christina. Let's see...

Originally posted by VirginiaR: (from Feb 2013)
Okay. I know this is late, but what the hey!

#1 - Exercise more (any, at the moment would be more) - so doable.
Nope, didn't happen.... okay, it happened for a couple of months this past summer, but then dropped back down to nothing when the kids went back to school.

#2 - Finish "Wrong Clark" before the end of the year. whinging
Got kid off to school. Didn't find motivation to get job.

#9 - Remember to call my family more often.
Nah, they just interrupt my writing time.

#10 - Clean my desk at least once of month to make my neat-freak of a hubby think I'm accomplishing something in my office.
Um... no. Especially, since getting the 3 kittens this summer, my old cat spends ALL her free time on my desk now and acts as my paperweight / secretary by filing all my papers on the floor. It *is* cleaner than this time last year. Does that count?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226815 12/29/13 08:46 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Let's see how 2013 went....
1. Get healthy!
I guess I sort of did this. I've started doing yoga anyways. I'd like to get healthier, anyways.

2. Do something to make yourself happy every day smile Keep track
Well, um, I think I made it a few weeks into January on that one... so... no.

3. Get these in: Beach Day, Snow Day, Amusement Park Day, City Day.
Check, check, triple check, and check! Snow day came at the last second sort of, with this last snow storm we had. Amusement Park day came in the form of DL, Marine World (or as it's now called, "Discovery Kingdom" pfft), and Santa Cruz. XD All in all, pretty awesome.

4. Write more! Finish script, keep at fanfic laugh
Um, so, I've been doing fanfic a lot... never did finish any scripts though. Besides class assignment. 1.5 out of 2?

5. Work on Portfolio- get minimum of 25 pieces
Haven't done a count, but there's no way I haven't hit that mark yet. laugh

Hey, 2013 was a pretty good year actually! Now 2014 has gotta rock! dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226816 12/30/13 05:18 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I want to lose at least 13.5 pounds.
The good news: I lost all but one of those pounds. The bad news: I gained about half of the weight back. The 2014 resolution: I wish to be at my 2013 target weight at the end of 2014. (That is, I want to lose the remaining pounds and keep them off.)

Second resolution: I will try to dedicate 15 minutes each day to "me time." I've been working straight through lunch hours (half-hours, to be more precise) and this coming year I will need to switch straight from being "Dr. M." to being "Mom," with no time for "Lynn" in between. Therefore, in an attempt to preserve sanity (no comments from the peanut gallery here. wink ), I will set aside half of what I officially have as my lunch "hour" and actually use it as a mental break.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard