Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226745 11/18/12 07:57 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
After spending a lot of time mind-numbingly watching tv yesterday to get my mind off things, I made a discovery-- Michael Landes playing an American billionaire in the PBS/BBC show "Upstairs Downstairs"!

Synopsis and Preview- Watch the clip after the article laugh

I spent forever going "I swear, I know who that is, but I can't place him" and asking myself where I recognized him from. He looks so different in this! To me anyway. Then the lighting changed a bit on him and it finally clickedfor me... Jimmy's all grown up and hitting on British ladies!

By the by, I would recommend this show. I prefer Downton Abbey, but it's really quite good with similar tones (except it's in WWII).

Anyway. Just occurred to me and thought I'd take a minute to let ya'll know.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226746 11/18/12 08:23 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The revamped Upstairs Downstairs was enjoyable enough but not a patch on the 1970's original. If you enjoy Downton and get the chance, do check it out. I think you'd enjoy it.

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#226747 11/18/12 10:34 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I was shocked to see this Jimmy on a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel the other day. "A Carol Christmas"? Tori Spelling was it.

Joan

#226748 11/18/12 11:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love Downton Abbey! Loads of fun. I'll have to check this out sometime. Before I was addicted to LnC, I was addicted to anything set in WWII in Britian, so it sounds like it's right up my alley.

I'm glad Michael Landes is still working. Nothing against Justin, but ML was my favorite Jimmy. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226749 07/25/13 10:53 AM
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Wasn't ML in Love Soup to?

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard