Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226640 10/28/12 03:51 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I just stumbled across this website this evening, and it made me think of the 50 Books in a Year thread that's going and is pretty popular, so I thought I'd share this.

Apparently, it's all of the books mentioned in the show Gilmore Girls and the poster has challenged him/herself to read them all.

The list is pretty long and daunting, though, so beware before challenging yourself. lol

Rory Gilmore Reading List

.talk nerdy to me.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for sharing. This is pretty cool. I'll add the ones I don't know/haven't read to my I'll-get-to-them-someday list. smile1

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I've read a number of the books on this list - more than I would have guessed - but I'm not re-reading "Ethan Frome." It's depressing and joyless with a terribly unsatisfying ending for anyone who isn't a complete cynic. There are no heroes, no good guys, just a bunch of people who either steamroll the other people in their lives or just kneel in the steamroller's path and let it flatten them. I can't recall any humor from it at all.

Aside from that, it's boring. That's a fatal flaw in today's publishing world. Rory should have read "Podkayne of Mars" or "Glory Road" by Robert Heinlein instead.

But I always loved the snappy dialogue in this show. I wish that kind of patter would just flow from my fingertips. I can't imagine writing a script a week that snapped and crackled with energy like that. I miss that show.

And yes, I'm a guy! So pass the snark and pop some more popcorn. If I see it on reruns, that's where my remote stops and don't bother me until the last knife gets twisted in someone's emotional center.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard