Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226577 09/05/12 08:27 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Neil Gaiman (who wrote The Doctor's Wife, which just won the Hugo award) has another episode in the new series. He's also posted a followup with some "facts" about The Corsair, a character mentioned but never shown in The Doctor's Wife:

Eleven Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Corsair

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just re-watched "The Doctor's Wife" the other day and enjoyed it even more on the repeat. The dialogue is so very clever for both the Doctor ("I've got mail! and "bity-mad-lady") and the TARDIS ("borrowing implies the intention of returning the thing that was borrowed. What makes you think I would ever give you back?"). Awesome.

The emotions portrayed by both actors was well done. Loved how she described Amy as the "orangy-girl" and Rory as "the pretty one."

Too bad that we have no other Time Lords, and specifically, that we know that the Corsair is gone. S/he sounds like a very fun character.

Funny about RTD's "headcanon" comment about the character in the SJA. I started watching the series a while back, but lost interest. I'll have to look the Corsair up.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's great news! I really liked "The Doctor's Wife", Neil Gaiman did a great job on that episode (but then again he's amazing at his writing). The time-maze inside the TARDIS was one of my favorite parts but the best was seeing the Doctor interacting with the embodiment of his "wife" (unsure wether I should use quotation marks here, or not).

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And a couple of prequels to the new series

Pond Life is a five-part mini webisode thing; the whole thing (about five minutes long) is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00y9ly3
Can't guarantee it will work outside the UK

And there's another prequel here, more enigmatic in tone

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh, I hadn't seen that last one. I wonder who that hooded figure is.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard