Next Thread
Print Thread
#226527 08/12/12 08:36 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
As many of you know, I teach at a local community college. My school year begins on Tuesday, and it looks likely that the coming semester will be extremely hectic. I doubt I'll have time even to do much lurking once the semester really gets underway. (The students don't start attending for a couple of weeks, so I hope to ease into the busy schedule gradually.)

Unless I get a very pleasant surprise in terms of my workload, I probably won't be posting much for the rest of this calendar year, and possibly even this school year. I just wanted to take the opportunity to let you all know the reason for my upcoming silence, and to thank you all for welcoming me into such a warm community.

I hope I'll be able to drop by more than I currently think I will, and I look forward to the time when my schedule eases up enough that I'll have some leisure time and be able to be a regular here once again.

Thanks for the fun conversations and for all of the support you have given to this esrtwhile-newbie fanfic author.

Joy,
Lynn

#226528 08/12/12 08:44 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Good luck with the semester Lynn. We'll miss you.

Joan

#226529 08/12/12 09:00 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good luck with the semester, Lynn. I hope you get some pleasant surprises with the workload. Hope to see you back whenever you can! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#226530 08/12/12 09:39 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hope you have a good semester, Lynn! I know I'll probably be in about the same boat as you (work for me starts this week, and I'm swamped with classes right now and don't unfortunately see a break coming my way any time soon...) but hopefully you and I might manage to find some time to lurk. cool Maybe just a short from you... or super short fic? Every now and then? wink No pressure, though. Hope you have a great school year ahead of you! Best wishes!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226531 08/12/12 10:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hope you get back sooner than you expect! Good luck with the start of the academic year!

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#226532 08/12/12 11:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn! [Linked Image] Good luck with this semester. smile1

grumble Darn, lucky students. [Linked Image] We'll miss you! wave Pop in and visit when you have the chance or whenever you find some good Superman jokes. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226533 08/12/12 02:45 PM
Kerth
Kerth
No, no, no. Not farewell. frown Just a break. smile

Thank you so much, Lynn, for all the time you've spent hanging out with us. You always left such thoughtful feedback and I, for one, greatly appreciated that. You also carved out your own niche with sensitive and insightful stories. I want to add my voice to the others who are hoping to see a super-short or two from you in the future. The muse is fickle and often whispers when you think you can't possibly find time to write. wink

Good luck in your endeavors and come back when you can! wave

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#226534 08/12/12 03:34 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Thanks for all your wonderful stories.Be well.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#226535 08/13/12 12:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/hugs Lynn/ Hope you'll have at least some time to read and relax!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#226536 08/13/12 05:50 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Whoever said "Silence is golden" wasn't waiting to hear from a friend.

Thanks for your many contributions and I hope this school year is enjoyable.

David

Shallowford
#226537 08/13/12 06:10 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you all. You've nearly brought me to tears. (Good tears.)

I am guessing that the next two weeks probably won't be so bad at work, so I hope to be able to be at least semi-active on the list a little longer.

I also hope that my muse is kind to me. If she is, I would gladly try to sneak in a super-short or two, even if it means giving up some sleep to do so. Thanks again to all who have been so supportive of my writing. I grimace when I read my earlier endeavors; those who provided feedback were very generous with positive comments. And were it not for those encouragements, I certainly would not have continued to write as much as I have.

Mouserocks, I hope your schedule eases up a bit soon.

Virginia, I rather doubt my students think themselves lucky. I'm one of those teachers whose philosophy is that you have to earn a passing grade. My students work hard and learn a lot. I think they may be grateful once they graduate and realize the value of what they were taught, but I think that while they are in school a lot of them would trade me for an "easy A" teacher in a heartbeat.

Sue, how about "au revoir" then? And thank you for your kind words; you always know just what to say.

My thanks again to all of you for making me feel so welcome. I definitely plan to continue dropping in whenever my schedule permits.

Peace and joy to all of you,
Lynn

#226538 08/13/12 06:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Sue S - it's not "farewell", it's "see you later". Hopefully the hecticity (?) won't prevent you from at least lurking and commenting.

#226539 08/14/12 12:28 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Iolanthe,

I was peeking on the boards one last time before I head off to school.

Thanks for the good wishes. And "hecticity" made me smile; it sounds like a Larry-ism to me. wink

Joy,
Lynn

#226540 08/22/12 08:00 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Iolanthe, I understand totally. In my case I've got a combination of school, baby, and (to a smaller degree) research/work. I'm hoping to still make a once a day stop by but we'll have to see.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard