Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226418 06/28/12 07:23 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Two short films that were on the Blu-Ray predecessors of The Avengers are now on line, both starring the current fanfic favourite, agent Phil Coulson:

The Consultant

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer

Both fun, but still not enough to make me want to buy blu-ray.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#226419 06/28/12 02:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Marcus:

The first clip is blocked in the U.S. but the second one:

clap clap definitely worth the look-see. (funnier if you've watched Thor or The Avengers and know who this guy is.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226420 06/28/12 06:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can't watch the first one, but the second one is awesome. clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#226421 06/29/12 05:59 AM
Kerth
Kerth
clap Agent Coulson is the bomb. laugh Thanks, Marcus!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226422 06/29/12 11:18 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Apparently there's a new Spider-Man animated series - with a high school setting - in which Coulson (under cover for some reason) is the principal of Peter Parker's high school.

Marcus L. Rowland
#226423 06/29/12 03:24 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Apparently there's a new Spider-Man animated series - with a high school setting - in which Coulson (under cover for some reason) is the principal of Peter Parker's high school.
Haha. That would be interesting-- pre-Spidey recruiting, he monitors his activity... then again, it could just be an interesting connection they're waiting for the hardcore superhero fans/viewers to catch. More likely that's the case instead of prepping him for an eventuality with the Avengers.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#226424 06/30/12 06:58 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I found out a little more about it - it's called Ultimate Spiderman, basically there are teen versions of several Marvel heroes - the school is cover for a training operation run by SHIELD to teach them to work as a team before joining the avengers. Apparently it hasn't had good reviews.

Marcus L. Rowland
#226425 06/30/12 07:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I found out a little more about it - it's called Ultimate Spiderman, basically there are teen versions of several Marvel heroes - the school is cover for a training operation run by SHIELD to teach them to work as a team before joining the avengers. Apparently it hasn't had good reviews.
Why do they keep doing that? Is it necessary to try to rewrite history by making adult superheroes into teenagers. I thought it might be Shield trying to sort out X-Men type people to send to Xavier's school, but I guess I was wrong. This concept might work if they skip the main heroes (Hulk, Ironman, Thor, Captain America, and Black Panther - who all have definite orgin stories that would be hard to adapt to this setting) and just focus on the other Avengers (Antman, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Widow, that fire guy from the Fantastic 4, etc). Also, wouldn't Colson get in trouble for sending Peter Parker on that field trip to the spider labs that got him bit? Unless they WANTED one of the teenagers to be bit?! How about MJ or Green Goblin's son, they went to this high school too? I mean I read somewhere (in one of my son's Spiderman books) that Peter Parker's parents were Shield agents who disappeared / died, which is why he was being raised by his aunt and uncle, so it makes sense that Shield would invite Peter to their high school.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226426 07/03/12 11:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
For anyone who's interested, here's an article about Item 47 , the one-shot that's going to be released on The Avengers blu-ray. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#226427 02/05/13 02:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just found the "Ultimate Spider-man" on Netflix's instant list. We've seen the first few episodes and it's pretty funny. The other members of Spidy's team are: Iron Fist, White Tiger, Power Man, and Nova... all teenage superheroes, so not revamping the Avengers team as kids (phew). They are training under Nick Fury (S.H.I.E.L.D.) to learn the ropes and be the next wave gen of superheroes. But Pete still has a "private life" at MidTown High; so SHIELD puts Colson in as principal and the other four members of Spider-man's training team as his classmates.

It looks like the same quality as The Avengers show, only funnier.

MJ's character has been re-vamped though. She's like a teenage Lois (with red hair), who's been Peter's best friend since preschool. She's trying to break into the news business. J. Jonah Jameson is a talking head (er... commentator) on a TV news station DBC. (Daily Bugle Commentary, or Channel, I'm guessing). Harry Osborn is still Peter's other BFF (his words, not mine) and at one time becomes the Viper thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
#226428 02/05/13 08:48 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What I'm looking forward to is Joss Whedon's live action S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series; they've started preparing to film the pilot, and Coulson is apparently going to be a major character.

Link to the wikipedia article:
http://tinyurl.com/ax9b9y5
Had to use tinyurl since there are parentheses in the link.

Marcus L. Rowland
#226429 02/12/13 08:39 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just watched the first episode of Ultimate Spiderman, it's actually quite good fun, with lots of glimpses into Peter Parker's thoughts, animated Stan Lee as the janitor, etc. Not sure I'm going to bother with the rest, it's not so good that I'd want to give it a huge amount of time when I have a lot of other things to do, but it isn't bad.

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard