Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So I'm hanging out at the little league field for the 50th time this summer, and there's a little boy about 4 or 5 years old running around wearing a Superman t-shirt. I don't know what he did, but his mom made some comment like, "I'm going to call you Mr. Belvedere. That's your name, right?" Of course I chimed in with, "His name is Clark, can't you tell?"

Well, the kid gives me a really weird look, which I figure I deserve. His dad tells him, "She means Clark Kent. Do you know who that is?"

The kids shakes his head "no".

"He's Superman," I supply helpfully. The kid just shakes his head and runs off.

Well, after about ten more minutes of shameful eavesdropping, I figure it out: The kid's name really is Clark. I guess that's why someone bought him the t-shirt.

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<chuckle> That's funny.

Ya know, I don't think I have ever actually met anyone named "Clark" in real life.

I hope the boy doesn't get teased about his name when he is older.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Or get really sick of Superman-themed gifts. :p

Kerth
Kerth
laugh Very funny.

Actually, I have this harebrained idea to name any/all of my future hypothetical children after superhero alteregos (or various superhero characters). Clark, Perry, Lex(for a girl), Wayne, Robin... NO! WAIT! Not that many!!! I am not saying I'll have five kids~ geesh people. Just hypotheticals.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol That's awesome.

Mouse - rotflol You rock.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> clap
I couldn't do Lois simply because I might have a Clark. And, well, that would be awkward. I could go with one or the other. As for Jimmy... I have a friend named Jimmy. That's out too. :p Plus my computer's called Jimmy.

The same rule does not apply for canines, though. The next dog I get will be called Indiana. cool And hopefully, whoever I end up with would be on the same page as me about the superhero names. In fact, I should put that on a list somewhere... wink

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
The next dog I get will be called Indiana.
Would its full name be "Indiana Bones"? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That's funny, Mouse. My husband did suggest one baby name to which I replied, "Absolutely not. You can do that to a dog, but not a child."

I do know a few Loises (is that the plural?) around here, too, but none of them are children.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Hubby and I considered "Clark" for our son's first name... then I decided that it would be too awkward considering how I think of my husband as my Superman.

The same goes for "Lois" sadly (even though it's a name that's fallen out of common usage and thus would be acceptable by the stipulations we put on baby names.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Christina:
Hubby and I considered "Clark" for our son's first name... then I decided that it would be too awkward considering how I think of my husband as my Superman.

The same goes for "Lois" sadly (even though it's a name that's fallen out of common usage and thus would be acceptable by the stipulations we put on baby names.)
laugh You think of your hubby as Lois, too? wink Kidding.

--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
Actually, I have this harebrained idea to name any/all of my future hypothetical children after superhero alteregos
I'll have to ask my mom if that's what she was thinking when she named me! laugh (I like Batman, but seriously... I'm not wearing those tights! clap )

Kerth
Kerth
Now I'm curious - what is your name? Diana? Barbara? Dinah? Jessica? Karen? Linda? Susan/Sue? blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
Kerth
My father's name was George Reeves.

My nephew's name is Christopher Reeves.

My brother married a woman whose maiden name was Clark.

I never considered naming my kids after anyone from the Superman universe, although I did name one of my sons after a character in the Billabong books, an Australian children's series written early in the 20th century.

Happy - are you willing to say what name your husband suggested? Loved your story, BTW.

Corrina.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

Well, our last name starts with M, and he suggested Maximillion Montgomery M______. Like I said, it's fine for a dog.

I will tell you that we have a son named Luke. When he was a baby, teenagers would often ask whether we named him after Luke Skywalker. Then I would have to explain that there was another famous Luke before that one. Now he gets called "Lucas" sometimes by coaches because that's a common full name for kids nicknamed Luke, or, even worse in his book, the coach calls him "Lukie". But who's going to correct a man who's older than your grandfather and who's been coaching for over 30 years? Not my kid, anyway.

smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was at the YMCA the other day and passed a couple of women talking about the 1 week old in one of their arms.

"What's his name?" the non-mother asked.

"Clark," replied the mom.

I was so tempted to say "Hey! Another Superman fan," but I wisely held my tongue, just in case she (or the father) wasn't. Usually, I'm not so tactful. blush But it reminded me of your little league story. Maybe "Clark" is finally making a resurgence. hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You might be right, Virginia. My doctor has two-year-old twins named Ian and Clark, and I just met a baby named Clark last week.

Happy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I met a man named Clark recently ... he wears glasses.

I did not go there...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
There is a family business around here called Kent something-or-other, too. Contractors, I'm thinking. I do a double take whenever I see one of their signs.

Kerth
Kerth
A few years ago, the awesome LaraMoon and I were on a road trip together. There was a place called "Clark's Restaurant" so, of course, we had to eat there. smile Alas, we didn't see him. But the food was good - it was a down-home, country kind of place.

More on topic, one of the guys where I work is named Clark. His last name even starts with a "K", but isn't Kent. He does wear glasses, but otherwise bears no resemblance to any of the Supermans. He's a blond, rather short, and stocky. And yet, sometimes, it's all I can do not to call him "CK", just for giggles. I also know two Loises (Loisi?), but they're both older women in their 60's and 70's.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard