Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226268 05/27/12 03:29 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I know some of you know that DC's gonna be at DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend. And I know some of you have gone to other cons. My question(s)are: Do you have to order a ticket to the entire con just to attend for autographs? And does anyone know DC's prices (for autograph/pics/etc)? [Drool factor is free! drool ] Hot Lanta is like an hour and a half from me... I went to the premiere of 'The Way Home'... stood in line for half an hour to shake DC's hand, took a decent picture, saw him a few feet away, but just as he reached the section I was in, he was rushed inside- said they were running late. razz I'd actually like to meet him this time- get him to sign my movie ticket. Anyway, anyone been there and done that? I'd appreciate some specifics.

SQD (who plans to go meet DC while hubby goes to Bass Pro clap Now that's prioritizing! evil )

#226269 05/27/12 03:29 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
There's ton of info over on Zoom's mb about the Cons he's done so far. I know someone mentioned what Dean charged too.

http://www.zoomway.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233549#Post233549

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#226270 08/13/12 12:22 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So I've been away from these forums for almost two years (bad me!), but I recently started lurking again, and when I saw this post I had to reply.

This will be my third year going to DragonCon, and I was obviously thrilled when I saw Dean's name added to the guest list. laugh But to answer your questions... yes, in order to get into the Walk of Fame which is where the actors sign autographs, you need a Con badge. For the whole weekend (Fri-Mon), badges are $120 (available to pre-order online or to buy on-site), or you can also buy one on-site for just one day ($40 for Fri, $50 for Sat, $40 for Sun, $30 for Mon when a good number of the guests have already left).

I don't know what Dean will be charging specifically for autographs, but I've seen autographs costing anywhere from around $15 up to $60, maybe higher for some of the really big names. The majority seem to run around $30 or $40, and I would guess Dean's would fall somewhere in there.

Hope this helps, and hope you make it to Con! laugh Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll try and answer them. smile

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."
#226271 08/13/12 01:14 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I was at Wizard's Chicago comic con this past weekend and Dean Cain was supposed to be there.

I didn't bother to try and see him because I don't do that autograph bit. Especially not at the premium prices that they charge. I don't know the specifics that existed for Dean's signing but generally you have to have a convention admission and a special ticket/admission for each celebrity you wish to see. The prices generally allow you to talk with the celebrity for a few moments while you get an autograph, or for a higher price you can get the autograph and take a picture with the celebrity.
Prices depend on the heat factor of the guest, Those on current hit shows or movies tend to cost more than those who haven't been around for a while.

Dean was probably there to hype his new psuedo reality competition show.

Tank (who might have gone against his normal tendency if it had been Terri rather than Dean)

#226272 08/14/12 08:05 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
At DragonCon you don't have to buy a separate ticket for each celebrity, at least not in general, though they might have some of the really big names in a separate location away from the Walk of Fame. But for the most part, and I'm sure for Dean, he'll be in the Walk of Fame, so with a Con badge you can get in there and just wait in his line to meet him and get his autograph.

Also, you asked about pictures. Some guests allow you to take pictures with/of them at their table in the Walk of Fame (some charge extra for this and some don't), and there are also at least two professional photographers who will charge for pictures with certain guests. I looked and Dean is on one of those lists - he may still allow photos at his table, but I wouldn't count on it. You can find that information here - Froggy\'s Photos .

~*Monica*~

#226273 08/14/12 08:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IncompleteSong:
At DragonCon you don't have to buy a separate ticket for each celebrity, at least not in general, though they might have some of the really big names in a separate location away from the Walk of Fame. But for the most part, and I'm sure for Dean, he'll be in the Walk of Fame, so with a Con badge you can get in there and just wait in his line to meet him and get his autograph.

Also, you asked about pictures. Some guests allow you to take pictures with/of them at their table in the Walk of Fame (some charge extra for this and some don't), and there are also at least two professional photographers who will charge for pictures with certain guests. I looked and Dean is on one of those lists - he may still allow photos at his table, but I wouldn't count on it. You can find that information here - Froggy\'s Photos .
Actually, on Zoom's board, we have a thread going with quite a lot of pictures from various people at various conventions with Dean. I think he is set up only to charge for an autographed polaroid with him.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#226274 08/14/12 08:44 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by IncompleteSong:
[b] At DragonCon you don't have to buy a separate ticket for each celebrity, at least not in general, though they might have some of the really big names in a separate location away from the Walk of Fame. But for the most part, and I'm sure for Dean, he'll be in the Walk of Fame, so with a Con badge you can get in there and just wait in his line to meet him and get his autograph.

Actually, on Zoom's board, we have a thread going with quite a lot of pictures from various people at various conventions with Dean. I think he is set up only to charge for an autographed polaroid with him. [/b]
Oh, awesome! Like I said, in my experience, some guests have allowed photos at their table and some haven't; the ones who take the professional photos usually don't, some sort of contractual thing I guess. Good to hear that Dean seems to be an exception to this! clap

~*Monica*~

#226275 08/14/12 10:34 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
According to the little board sitting on his table at other Cons, you can get autographed polaroid or you can take a picture with your own camera- at the table. Many of the photos were taken at the table. I've also seen several that seem to have been taken while people waited in line. (That might pose a problem- if you're caught.)

Thanks Monica for answering in such detail. Read on Zoom's board that he's doing a panel on Sunday. Can't confirm that on the DragonCon website, so I'll find out where the girl who posted that read it. I can only go for a day and if he's doing a panel on Sunday, I guess I know which day it will be. thumbsup

SQD (who hopes to see fellow board members while there-- not that I would actually know who you are! cat )

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard