Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#226223 05/23/12 04:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by HappyGirl:

It's not precisely your premise, but if you're intrigued by that idea, you'd probably enjoy Foreshadowing .

Happy
Thanks, Happy, I probably will being that's by you. laugh Hope your RL is lots less jump .

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226224 05/23/12 04:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo! If we're doing shameless self-promotions, I have a flash forward story from a couple of years ago called Ricochet . laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#226225 05/24/12 01:37 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
May I chime with the self-promos, then? I am ambivalent about a hypothetical fifth season of L&C, as I indicated in my story On Plot Reuse . If the hypothetical season 5 were as good as the first couple of seasons, I would have loved it; but given the way the show has been going, I think the fans have done a much better job than the official writers would have in coming up with what happens next.

Joy,
Lynn

#226226 05/24/12 02:55 AM
Kerth
Kerth
If the hypothetical season 5 were as good as the first couple of seasons, I would have loved it; but given the way the show has been going, I think the fans have done a much better job than the official writers would have in coming up with what happens next.
Amen, sister! The further into the third season we went, the less the characters were the ones I fell in love with. There's no way that the Clark Kent I knew and loved would have walked away and let a sociopathic escaped criminal (let alone Lex Luthor) take Lois with him, even if he believed that Lois no longer loved him. Gah!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#226227 05/25/12 02:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad you chimed in, Sue, because I was going to come back and mention Ricochet myself. I went back and reread it just last week.

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
#226228 05/25/12 02:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know about anyone else, but Journey Man from 3 years ago was fantastic.

My husband said, "Great cast, intelligent writing and San Francisco as the main location. Considering the idiots behind TV today I don't think it will last out the season."

Sadly, he was right.

So far there is no end to Downton Abbey! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#226229 06/04/12 10:02 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Sanctuary has apparently also been cancelled.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sanctuary-canceled-syfy-327303
That is just plain sad. I really enjoyed that show (after the fact on Hulu since I don't have cable). Wonder what happened.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#226230 06/04/12 08:19 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
After three years a show has enough episodes to be syndicated and the contracts with the main stars have run out. If the show is doing OK but not great the easy option is to cancel it and sell the rights rather then pay the stars the money they should get based on how well the show is doing.

Network execs tend to move around a lot so there are also cases where a exec that said a show would never work is now in charge of the part of the network the show falls under. Instead of being proved wrong they'll kill it by playing games with the schedule.

#226231 06/05/12 05:25 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Instead of being proved wrong they'll kill it by playing games with the schedule.
Quantum Leap is the poster child for the schedule jitterbug. We used to buy the TV Guide just so we could figure out when it was going to be on from week to week. Then they cancelled it because of poor ratings. Grrrrrrr.

Shallowford
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard