Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was lucky enough to get time off to go and see this on UK opening day - along with a bunch of other adult comic book nerds who probably called in sick!

The film was never going to live up to my hyper-inflated expectations since I've been dying to see it for the nearly a year, but that said it's still an awesome movie. There's great dialogue and lots of impressive action. I wish that Thor'd got more face time since he's one of my faves, but for the number of superheroes they had to squeeze in, it's very well balanced.

There's only one real surprise, which I won't spoil now, but if you know anything about Joss Whedon and how he can (mis)treat his characters, you'll have an idea what to expect! What a shame!!! frown

What I do love is how Joss looks after his own. I spied Alexis Denisof's name on the credits! smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Kerth
Kerth
Saw it today; great fun, and some wonderful lines, especially the one Hulk gets very near the end.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
P
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
P
I just saw it today and enjoyed it very much. I agree it had some great lines. At least a couple of times most of the audience laughed out loud. I may actually go back to see it next weekend. I didn't see it in
3 d.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Saw it Saturday. Thinking about seeing it again tonight (and there's only 1 other movie I've ever paid to see in a theater more than once).

Wasn't thrilled about seeing a(nother) new Bruce Banner I liked him--and Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk's voice. Loki was absolutely perfectly done. Still not completely thrilled about Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury but he plays the character well.

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
Saw it in 3D on Friday (didn't want to, but I missed the last non 3D showing of the day and like hell I was going to see it *after* opening day...)

Got to admit, I loved it. I had a vast array of doubts, told everybody that they wouldn't be able to pull it off without focusing on one central character, why the heck is Mark Ruffalo the Hulk, didn't get hyped up, etc., but it ended up being fantastic. IMO, it was probably one of the best (Marvel) Superhero movies of all time. And I thought Mark Ruffalo did a great job portraying the Hulk differently- humanized him a bit more. Plus he had a couple of really funny bits.

All I kept thinking was, "Damn. DC needs to get their act together." I mean, if Avengers could be done, how much cooler would JL be if done right??

/sigh/ I'm getting my hopes up again...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
Yes, it's really, really good!

What kind of upset/amused me is that I called that exact (mis)treatment of said character months before the movie came out, after reading a Joss quote talking about how great the relationship between these two characters was, I KNEW he was going to do it. Frustrating man.

And yes! I watched it twice before I knew who Alexis was in it. Then I was stoked! That man needs to be in more things.

Alyson posted this to her twitter and I about died:

[Linked Image]

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard