Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226068 04/04/12 07:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I woke up this morning to find this Total Recall Trailer in my inbox. I shall date myself and say I *loved* the first Arnold movie and cannot believe that they've remade it! (Yes, I know it was a short scifi story first.) I'm always amazed when they remake movies that don't seem all that old to me. frown (again, showing my age laugh )

It looks good from the trailer, but that's what trailers are for - selling movies.

Has anyone heard any buzz? Will it worth plunking down $10 for cinema experience or should I wait for DVD?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226069 04/04/12 09:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh. No hint of Mars. And while Chuck was great, it looks like our hero just got an Intersect 2.0 into his head and now knows Kung Fu. Why do remakes huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#226070 04/04/12 10:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Huh. No hint of Mars. And while Chuck was great, it looks like our hero just got an Intersect 2.0 into his head and now knows Kung Fu. Why do remakes huh

Michael
Exactly. If the first film was good, why redo it? There are a lot of bad films (films with a promising script, plot, but done badly) that should be remade first. Oh, no. shock Hollywood would never greenlight those.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#226071 04/04/12 10:50 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was a good movie. I can't see the need for improvment.

Joan

#226072 04/09/12 08:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love the old one too. I think if you didn't see the original with Ahnold though, you wouldn't think it was that great of a movie. I've had multiple friends and my hubby watch it with me who never saw it back in the day and they thought it was horrible. I think it's one of those movies you can only appreciate if you saw it at the time. I'm sure the new one will impress everyone. I can't stand Jessica Biel though. Bleh.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard