Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
StarKat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm seriously considering getting a pair of these, or something like them. I've always hated wearing shoes and it seems like regular shoes are only getting worse. I already go barefoot when I'm at home. I wear flip flops when I'm just going outside for a few minutes, but I have to wear something more when I'm going other places, since I hate dealing with flip flops, too. Does anyone here have experience with any of the toe shoes like the Vibram ones?

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn't reply earlier because I really didn't know the shoes by name, but I got curious and made a quick search. Then realised I had already seen people wearing them. I'm not sure how good an opinion this is since I've never wore something of the kind, but even though they're shaped like feet the shoes didn't look all that comfortable to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but it was my impression (and the fact that I've seen so little people wearing them only intensified this idea). But you can always try them on the shop and if you don't like them, just leave 'em there.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
StarKat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Since I posted that, I actually did go down to a local sporting goods store and tried on and bought a pair of Fila Skeletoes. They're surprisingly comfy. They didn't have the Vibrams, so I have no idea if they're good or not. Anyway, the ones I got are the first shoes I've had in years that don't pinch my toes. I've been wearing them when I go anywhere since I bought them. They do take a little getting used to since they do separate your toes, but I like 'em.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard