Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
For all you Chuck fans out there...

dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm a huge Chuck fan, too, and without giving anything away, I have to say that the finale was explosively good! Not in terms of action--though they had that too--but in terms of the relationships, which have always been the thing that drives the show anyway. I was stunned by how well they were able to weave everything together in these final episodes, and love that they followed that mind-blowing twist from a couple episodes ago to its conclusion. That's something I've always loved about Chuck--that they're not afraid to follow their story no matter where it leads.

Tragic, amazing, harking back to all five seasons, bittersweet, epically romantic, and with one of the most vivid endings that will stick in my mind forever and probably become iconic...(happy sigh) everything I could have hoped for.

Indescribably sorry to see Chuck go as I've loved it from the first episode to the last, but so glad that they were able to end it in the way they wanted to. What a way to go!

Thanks for introducing this topic, Mouserocks!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We loved it from beginning to end! I'm also glad they showed the last two episodes together. Yay for Jeffstar! I finally liked those guys. The whole symphony scene was a hoot!
cool
Artemis from Hawaii

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
When Chuck first aired I watched the show and liked it. I thought is was a cute idea, but wondered how long they could sustain it.

As the seasons went by they ran into the problem you'd expect. You can't keep Chuck a bumbling nerd forever. The growth of Chuck and his non intersect abilities led to a steady down trend to the show culminating in the latter part of season 4.

The beginning of this, the last season, was terrible and I figured they have trouble even making to the end, but they rallied. By mid season the stories got better and they were able to salvage the show.

I have to admit that I've never liked Morgan, nor any of the guys at the Buy More as more than sparingly used comic relief.

The saving grace had been the relationship between Chuck and Sarah, and Casey was always interesting.

Because they had established a strong villian and an interesting plotline leading up to the finale, they were able to score big.

The final was the best episode in the last two to three years.

In typical fashion the writers 'wrapped up' nearly all the characters storylines in a safe and functionally satisfying way.

But mostly, I was impressed with the way they wrapped up the Chuck and Sarah subplot. There was no magic 'fix', nor a guaranteed 'happy ever after'. Still at the end it left you with a smile... and hope.

Nicely done.

Tank (who says that Yvonne was one of the few blondes who he actually liked)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
clap clap clap clap clap

Just got the chance to watch the finale and loved it! It was left open-ended, but so romantically perfect, IMO. I liked how they sort of brought it full circle in those last two hours (and there's SO much I could elaborate on there).

Glad they didn't end it with the results of what I'm calling the un-amnesia kiss, though. (Which, btw, that final arc reminded me a lot of Lois and Clark's numerous amnesia bouts. Just saying. wink )

Agreed-- Jeffster rules. ( ***SPOILER*** I think having them know everything was a great twist this season, possibly the best. Though of course, I loved that they brought back a certain unnamed villain mecry Sad that it's over, glad it was great.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just recently got into Chuck back around September. Was in the middle of watching all 4 Seasons so I was DVRing Season 5. FINALLY, we were all caught up and started the 1st episode. We got about 15 minutes into it and .... the screen went blank. Huh? Messed around with it a bit, called Comcast. Woops, they're sorry and somehow all our DVR'd shows were GONE!! Aghhh!!!! I'm so mad I have to wait until it comes out on DVD now. mad

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard