Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#225612 01/06/12 04:14 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Looking over all of my extensive lists I've made for this year, I'm curious to see what other people are thinking. What's your top five resolutions for the new year? Leave out "not die" if you're concerned about that by the end of the year.

Here's mine:

1. Complete animation reel! (Preferably in time to get my internship) wink

2. Write a *complete* script and complete, lengthy fanfic story (and post).

3. Get healthy and in shape! Hopefully by summer!

4. Move to the city/closer to school.

5. Go to Disneyland... because I deserve to have some fun this year, darn it. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#225613 01/06/12 04:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
1) Get pregnant

2) Lose weight/get healthier/lower my blood sugar levels so that I can persue fertility help to accomplise #1

3) Finish my novel that I am writing

4) Write more fanfic

5) Failing #1 - get a job and end this 3 year long unemployment

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#225614 01/07/12 12:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought I didn't have five resolutions, but when I got to thinking realized that they're even more. But here's my top 5:

1) Get in shape/ Exercise more (at least 4 hours per week)

2) Have a great idea for my masters thesis and start working on it

3) Visit my best friend (she moved to another country two years ago and I haven't had the chance to meet her new place)

4)Get in the 3% or merit list (it's a sort of honor roll in my college and has two types of monetary prizes for students. The students in the 3% receive about half of the tuition fee and the ones on the merit list receive the full value of the tuition fee times 5)

5) Become independent/ Get a (good) job

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#225615 01/07/12 07:24 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Those sound like good ones, ladies. Now you've got me thinking...

1) Exercise everyday.
2) Get my house organized.
3) Read 50 books this year.
4) Despite the insaneness of my kids's schedules, make time for activities I enjoy too:
a) finish quilt for son.
b) start quilt for daughter.
c) get back into fanfiction writing and finish at least one of the projects I've been working on for over a year.

Oops...forgot #5 Keep in touch with friends better.

#225616 01/07/12 05:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
oo1. Finish my memoir is at the top of my list, though I don't know that it will be checked off. Every time I get to a point where I think I might be done a section, I remember something or something recent happens and I think 'oh, this would be a fantastic example of such and such a thing.'

oo2. Graduate high school. I've been working on this one for far too long, but I'm actually close now (at 23 years old).

oo3. Practice the art of forgiveness because I've been holding grudges against a couple of people for a long time now, and the only person affected by my anger is myself.

oo4. Read more. 'nuff said?

oo5. Lose weight is on my list every year, and I'd like to because I gained some last year while on bed rest for several months, but I'm not making any unrealistic goals. If I lose 1lb or 20lbs, I'll be okay with whatever my body is going to be this year.

.talk nerdy to me.
#225617 01/08/12 11:52 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
wave

--Mark Twain
#225618 01/08/12 02:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
wave
Only 100 movies? That's like 2 a week, except for 4 weeks when you watch 1. (52 weeks in a year x 2 = 104) unless you mean cutting down. wink Sigh, I remember way back when (before kids, lack of paycheck, and housepayment) when I went to the movies twice a week minimum. Miss that.

My resolutions:

1) Go to bed before midnight (easier with nothing to post mecry , harder because it's the only quiet time during my day)

2) Go for a walk every day (drag son with me).

3) Don't wait until story is finished posting on boards to ready story for Archive. (Grumbling, half-way through re-editing ML...)

4) Try to treat myself out to the movies at the cinema more often (although, that's very dependant on Hollywood tempting me to go out)

5) Not be so addicted to this board and checking for new stories every hour (don't see that one happening though).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#225619 01/08/12 08:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Only 100 movies? That's like 2 a week, except for 4 weeks when you watch 1. (52 weeks in a year x 2 = 104) unless you mean cutting down.
blush New movies. Or ones I haven't seen before. I'm realizing there's a lot of classics I haven't yet seen that I need to (thanks to film class), so I'm gonna work on some of those. And anything that comes out this year. And I realize that it's a low goal, so I'm thinking it's one I can actually do. laugh

--Mark Twain
#225620 01/09/12 11:25 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Good luck with your resolutions, people! smile Hope you all make it!

Last year marked the first one I made a resolution that I kept: Learn how to cook. laugh Not that I've turned into a chef or anything, but I've familiarized myself with the kitchen and I can make a few things (that aren't eggs)!

Let's see how many of these I can pull off this year:

1. Get a job.

2. Exercise more.

3. Read and write more fanfic.

4. Finish writing an original novel.

5. Stop being a whiny girlfriend. (Okay, honestly, not sure how bent I am on this one. :p But I should.)

Bring the new year on!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#225621 01/17/12 06:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. Grow closer to God
2. Go to church every Sunday (broke this one last Sunday but try try again, right?)
3. Spend more quality time with my DH and DD
4. Find a job that pays more
5. Move to a different (and slightly bigger) house

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#225622 01/17/12 01:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Get a job. Anyone need a linix, perl, php programmer or sysadmin in MD or telecommute.

#225623 01/18/12 05:12 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
1. Don't mainline cocaine
2. Procrastinate as much as possible
3. Get a solid three hours of sleep a night - failing that, two hours of sleep a night - failing that, don't use cocaine to give me a boost the following day
4. Eat junk food as often as possible, and
5. No group sex (or at least no group sex of more than three people).

And I bet I even keep my resolutions. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#225624 01/18/12 07:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MLT:
3. Get a solid three hours of sleep a night - failing that, two hours of sleep a night - failing that, don't use cocaine to give me a boost the following day

ML wave
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#225625 01/18/12 12:19 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by MLT:

ML wave
clap notworthy Too funny! (sad to say, I actually know some people that list would work for... eek )

--Mark Twain
#225626 12/23/12 11:01 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Christmas is still coming before New Year but I had to check last year's resolutions to see what/ if something came true (and start planning for 2013).

I realized that there were some things on my top 5 I didn't remember, and while some came true, others were postponed or just haven't happened and won't happen.

So... 2012 resolution's outcomes:

1) Get in shape/ Exercise more (at least 4 hours per week) More or less check. Since October I started taking brisk walks that take me about 5 hours per week. It has somewhat paid off. I'm just too lazy to do more at the moment.

2) Have a great idea for my masters thesis and start working on it Next year maybe. No ideas yet...

3) Visit my best friend (she moved to another country two years ago and I haven't had the chance to meet her new place) Check.

4)Get in the 3% or merit list (it's a sort of honor roll in my college and has two types of monetary prizes for students. The students in the 3% receive about half of the tuition fee and the ones on the merit list receive the full value of the tuition fee times Nope. One grade slightly below the top mark and there goes my whole plan. grumble

5) Become independent/ Get a (good) job Found a job in a good place. Moved out of my parents' house and to another town. For the first time I'm depending solely on myself. It feels really good (and I hope it lasts, especially in this economy).

What about the rest of you? Are all your resolutions fulfilled?
smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#225627 12/23/12 11:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
My resolutions:

1) Go to bed before midnight (easier with nothing to post hyper Have to review the first 50 parts of WC though, but otherwise prepped... well, those parts are. Hmmmm. Prep parts, write new ones. huh Almost got this one down!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <strong> 4) Try to treat myself out to the movies at the cinema more often (although, that's very dependant on Hollywood tempting me to go out)
Nope. Can't say I did this more. Sadly. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#225628 12/23/12 12:45 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I don't remember what they were for this year but the only one I suspect I would have made was to get my degree. Sadly that did not happen (and I was so close too!)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#225629 12/24/12 06:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
1. Continue to work my way back to my ideal weight. 6 stone* lost this year. smile1

2. Manage to type at least one post without having to go back and fix the 95% of it which is typos before hitting send. Just one. I'm not greedy. Damn you, Nexus predictive text and gesture typing!

LabRat :-)

* 1stone = 14lbs

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#225630 12/24/12 07:22 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
LabRat,

Congratulations! Losing so much weight is quite an accomplishment. clap

And when you lose all the weight you wish to, you will have left no stone unearned. wink (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Joy,
Lynn

#225631 12/24/12 08:38 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Aw, damn. [Linked Image]

Well, that's disappointing. Been a long year, but hopefully (oh, god, I'm jinxing it, aren't I?) next year will go smoother. I did work on my animation reel, but ended up scrapping much of it because I've improved since then and would like to replace it with new ones... sigh. I read several books this year (which I ended up never posting...) but nowhere *near* 50 (I'm thinking I hit 13... I'll have to go back through and see). I did watch 100 movies ( or I will have after today's StarWars marathon smile1 ), and I did start trying to get healthier. Unfortunately, I believe I fell short on everything else...

Better start planning for 2013.

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard