Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Elvis Cole/Joe Pike Series - Robert Crais

I've had the latest couple of books in the series waiting as a treat for some time now, so I finally decided to get to them. It wasn't necessary for me to go back to the beginning and re-read the others first, but I decided to anyway, just because... laugh

The Monkey's Raincoat
Stalking The Angel
Lullaby Town
Free Fall
Voodoo River
Sunset Express
Indigo Slam
L.A. Requiem
The Last Detective

I think I'm now into new territory as I've just started The Forgotten Man and can't find anything familiar so far.

I had so much fun this last week or so catching up and although I'm approaching the rest of the series with some trepidation as there are hints of things that don't bode well, I'm looking forward to getting up to date with Elvis and Joe.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
I haven't read 'The Snow Queen,' Labrat, but I'll have to look it up. Particularly since I heard a rumor that the Snow Queen is the basis for the next 'princess' Disney movie! smile Thanks for recommending it!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
#49 Slouching Toward Adulthood by Sally Koslow An interesting read about trends with young adults.

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
#39 - Guards! Guards! - Terry Pratchett

Not my favorite in the Discworld series, even though I'm quite partial to dragons and (more or less) to evil secret societies.

#40 - The Fifty Shames of Earl Grey - Fanny Merkin

I am stuck somewhere on the original. The characters are too boring and the story is poorly written. I'm not the stalker-loving kind of person but eventually (circa 2020) I'll finish the other one (you can't accurately criticize what you haven't fully read). Meanwhile this parody fell into my hands. Silly, but much better and more readable than the other.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
#41. The 40-year-old Vespa Virgin - Peter Moore

It's worth it.

#42. Dr. Horrible and other horrible stories - Zack Whedon

It ended too soon. I needed more stories in this comic parallel to the webisodes.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
#50 Divergent by Veronica Roth

An intriguing futuristic society book. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

I love to read but it's almost embarrassing that I just barely make 50 books a year. blush

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
#43 - Eric - Terry Pratchett

The scenes in corporate hell were my favorite. Terry Pratchett is a genius. notworthy

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Forgotten Man
The Watchman
Chasing Darkness
The First Rule
The Sentry
Taken

All by Robert Crais.

Well, that's me caught up with Pike and Cole. I'll miss them until we get a new book. Was on the edge of my seat all the way through and I just love the understated way these two show their loyalty to one another.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
#51 Summer Secrets by Barbara Freethy Light but interesting story about three sisters hiding big secrets.

Joan

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Common Lawyer - Mark Gimenez

I didn't enjoy this second offering from Gimenez as much as I enjoyed the first. It took me a while to get into the story and I was irritated by the enormous amount of unnecessary detail. Like five whole pages devoted to our hero crossing town on his bike to get coffee, while we got a potted history of every building along the way. And the ending was somewhat implausible. But I got into it in the end and it was okay. Hoping the other Gimenez I have to read next is better though.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
#44 - Cinderella Ate My Daughter - Peggy Orenstein

Somewhat enlightening. I was very intrigued about its contents when I first heard of this book on girlie pop-culture and its implications on girls' self-concepts. It's both good and entertaining. And it also taught me that in the early 20th century pink was for boys and blue for girls. For that small fact alone it was worth it.

#45 - Prelude to Foundation

I was expecting something different. Even though it was far from disappointing I saw the ending coming in the first few chapters of the book. When I finally got there it was anti-climatic to say the least.

I'm on a marathon to try and reach the 50-book mile. Not sure if it'll come through this year, though.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Perk - Mark Gimenez

This was more like it. Enjoyed this one and will definitely be adding more from Gimenez to my wish list.

LabRat :-)

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
#46 - Liz Tells Frank What Happens In... - Liz Shannon Miller

clap Read it in one sitting. It's as great as reading the original blog.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard