Next Thread
Print Thread
#225171 10/22/11 09:37 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi all!

I haven't visited these boards in ages (years, actually) but tonight I found myself wanting to know how everyone was doing. I'm happy to see that so many of you keep on writing L&C fic, and this trip down memory lane is really nice for me. Makes me want to find the time to be an active fan again.

Alas, work's been keeping me very busy lately. I adore my job, but it's very time-consuming. Add to real life, that has been very complicated lately, and that's how people drop off the face of the Internet. Over the past few years though, I've written a few stories for the Doctor Who fandom, and recently discovered Castle, though I haven't plunged into Castle-fic yet.

In any case, it feels good to visit the boards again. Kind of like coming home after a long trip abroad.

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#225172 10/22/11 10:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kae!!! <3

It's good to hear from you. smile I hope RL is good despite the complications.

Castle! Is. Awesome. laugh I haven't looked for any fic yet either, but I'm really loving the show! (I got into the X-Files a year and a half ago, and that's still my current main obsession.)

I keep meaning to re-watch L&C, actually... I will try to finally make the time. I haven't seen it in years, and I actually have all the episodes. Slight fail right there, lol.

Julie smile

P.S. spider

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#225173 10/22/11 10:14 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OMG!!! A spider! How dare you? *grins*

Good to see you again, too, though you and I have seen each other a few times over the years, thanks to Toronto airport. wink

Never got into X-Files (actually the episode Tempus Fugit made me even more terrified of planes than I already was, and I vowed then never to watch another ep again *g*) but Castle is made of awesome.

RL has been badly complicated (my dad is getting through serious health problems). Other than that, the high point of the year has been to meet David Tennant face to face (see avatar) and realise he's adorable and just as charming in real life as on screen.

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

#225174 10/22/11 06:45 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
wave

I think I joined these mbs just as you left us for the Doctor (/me is amazed at your avatar, btw), but it's always fun to see people visit, even if you've moved on.

So ... hello! And welcome back.

I loved Nathan Fillion in Firefly and I've watched one episode of Castle, which I really liked. I told myself not to watch another, however, since I'm trying to stick with LnC a while longer -- at least until the story ideas completely dry up.

Although I watch DW, I haven't had the inclination to write fic yet. I tell myself that this is an excellent thing, especially since I've read many wonder stories written by others in the fandom.

I hope that you feel like sticking around for a while.
B

#225175 10/23/11 02:11 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey, it's a Kae! *pounces*

I agree about Castle being awesome. Nathan Fillion just makes me want to wriggle. I've been scaling back on my fic-reading (or trying, with a new job) and I haven't sought out any Castle fic. One if my fav SG1 authors wrote a few, though, so I've read hers.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#225176 10/23/11 11:05 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
*pounces back*

Haven't really dug much into Castle-fandom yet. I'm having too much fun just watching the show, which is, in many ways, very similar to Lois and Clark : pig-headed, strong and brilliant woman investigating murders and being first annoyed by imposed partner, who then becomes her best friend, and said best friend falls in love with her. Rings a bell? wink

*waves to BJ* I do feel like visiting more often for sure. Actually the other day I accidentally ran into a rerun of L&C eps (and it was Season 2, which has always been my favourite) and just sat there on my couch despite the very late hour (and the fact that I had to get up early for work the following day) just because it was such a great trip down memory lane.

I also suppose that my new addiction with Castle brought me back to L&C because of the similarities between the two shows.

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

#225177 10/23/11 03:05 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Kae, hope you feel up to wrting again. It would be nice to see a story from you again.

I'm a big fan of Castle and have also read the three novels. Just finished the latest one and it has been, by far, the best so far.

I have checked into some Castle fic over at fanfic.net. Haven't invested much time there, so I only sampled a few shorter ones. Some weren't bad.

I know how RL can interfere with one's fan addictions, but hopefully you can drop by often and perhaps contribute in the near future.

Tank (who doesn't really have to say that he's more a fan of Stana than of Nathan... always been a fan of attractive, intellegent, indepedant women... go figure)

#225178 10/23/11 10:50 PM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see you again! Am in the middle of book 1, re.Castle, and enjoying it. I find it fascinating that they pushed the concept as far as publishing the book that the hero is supposed to have written.

Anyway, re.Stana, weren't you too disappointed after S1, when it turned out she wouldn't keep her hair short? wink

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

#225179 10/24/11 12:05 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
She can't keep it long forever... can she?

Tank (who says given Stana's past roles, all with shorter hair, there's always hope)

#225180 10/24/11 12:45 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LOL! Good to know some things haven't changed. *g* The hair battle is on again then! evil

Kae cool (who prefers Stana with long hair... surprised?)

- Is that what we are?

#225181 10/24/11 05:05 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Just to chime in on the 'hair' issue here.
It is obvious to me, from this evening's episode and from the previews of next week's episode, that Stana is getting fed up with dealing with the long hair.

Perhaps we're in for another hairdo change for Kate Beckett.

One can only hope.

Tank (who will admit that Stana, being a tall woman can wear longer styles easier, but he still would like to see her character go shorter again)

#225182 10/25/11 08:38 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
KAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party party party party

/glares over IRC at Karen for not telling her Kae popped in/

Miss you, darlin'!

And yes. Castle = Awesome. Karen and I will sometimes watch together in IRC [anyone else is welcome to join in of course wink ].

I've read the first book but not the other two. Glad to know they get better. Will have to add them to my wishlist.

The only fic I've uh read lately is um Trixie Belden fic if anyone remembers those books. Of course, I never really got into fic from any other shows... I did read a bit of L/C fic not too long ago though.

Back to sorting winter clothes for the kids... :p

#225183 10/25/11 11:47 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by carolm:

The only fic I've uh read lately is um Trixie Belden fic if anyone remembers those books.
My father wouldn't let us watch American TV shows when I was a kid, so my entire knowledge of American life came from Trixie Belden!

I loved Jim!

Corrina.

#225184 10/25/11 04:54 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
There's a whole Trixie world out there. Many currently updated. Not a BIG world, but a world nonetheless wink . Complete with rating system and passwords to protect innocent eyes laugh .

Search um... jixemitri I think it is...

#225185 10/25/11 05:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always preferred Nancy Drew to Trixie Belden.

Nancy Drew was a fearless detective - a lot like Lois Lane, if you think about it.

#225186 10/25/11 05:41 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I liked Nancy Drew too. She was a bit older than Trixie who was more than her share of fearless. Trixie was 13 and Nancy had her driver's license so perhaps a bit different audiences.

I *did* download about 15 Bobbsey Twins books free for the Kindle tonight laugh . A bit younger than Trixie even if I remember right.

And, er, /waves wildly again at Kae/ Here's a mini-CK for thread stealing wink .

#225187 10/25/11 06:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi! I wasn't around when you were last here (I only just found this place in May) but it's nice to meet a new folc! dance

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#225188 11/03/11 02:16 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I haven't visited the boards in a couple of weeks, so I missed you earlier, but:

HI KAE!!!!!!!!!!! wave

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard