Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wasn't quite sure which heading to put this under... it's not L&C and it's not quite fan fiction, but it was too adorable NOT to share.

My son is 4 and this is the story he told me over breakfast this morning...

The Egg Monster vs. Superman

Superman got hit by a Monster Egg that ate the entire city turning it into Eggland. And all the people turning into Egg Monsters. The Egg Monster was from the Egg Moon and he was making a whole army of Egg Monsters.

The Egg that hit Superman was big, it was huge. Too big for Superman to pick up.

The Monster Egg from outer space was from Egg Planet. Superman was in the Egg Monster's tummy. He got eaten by the Egg Monster. The Egg Monster had arms, legs, claws, pants and shoes. Cut, scary shoes.

But this wasn’t the real Superman. This was a Robot Superman who wasn’t as strong. He couldn’t move mountains, only big piles of movies. The Robot Superman was bad and could do magic. He turned the real Superman into a flower.

The Egg Monster was strong like the real Superman and he could talk.

Electro was a bad guy. He had a flying horse – a robot one. It had buttons and guns all over it. And it had wings – helicopter things – and guns inside. The buttons made the guns come out of its body.

The real Superman got hit by a cereal storm. The Egg Monster threw him into space. And the real Superman couldn’t fly because there were meteors everywhere and he couldn’t move them back to where they were from.

Then he fell into a fireball storm…

To be continued (so he said… “I’ll tell you the rest when it’s night and dark outside.” So, we’ll see if there’s a part 2 laugh )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap rotflol

That kid will go far. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
How cute! smile

Joan

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

Your son wins!
BJ

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol Too cute!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
thumbsup That is so cute! Thanks for sharing it!

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Kerth
Kerth
clap Adorable! Quite a large cast and an epic amount of action involved! Strong A-plot... can't wait for part 2!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There is a web comic called Ax Cop. The artist is about 30 but the story is by his little brother who is 6. Steve Jackson Games recently put out a card game of it. They capture the 6 year old logic with cards like Hand Cuff Man. He has hand in his name so you can carry one extra hand full of stuff.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My co-worker recently had to bring her 4-year old daughter to work (day care emergency). She set up the kid in the lunch room with coloring books, crayons, DVD's, a sleeping bag for a nap, etc.

LUNCHTIME, IN THE OFFICE LUNCH ROOM:

ME: Hi there. (because I'm not going to miss my lunch, even if I have to eat it with a 4-year old.)

KID: Hi. (coloring a picture of a rabbit in her coloring book) I'm going to tell you a story.

ME: OK.

KID (colors some more, looks at her stuffed rabbit toy sitting on the table nearby): Once there was a bunny who didn't want to go to bunny school. (colors some more of the rabbit picture)

SILENCE

ME, AFTER A MINUTE: Then what happened?

KID: That's all. It was a short story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Iolanthe: clap clap Fantastic! I love when 4 year olds speak their minds. They don't have all those hang-ups the rest of us have learned.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol That's just too perfect! I mean, that's like... comedy gold right there, Iolanthe! That should be worked into a story, just as a side point or something...

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll have to think about that. In the meantime, I renounce all rights - anyone who wants to can put that little tidbit in their story. Because I want to read a story with that in it, and it's likely that someone else will write it first.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol That's wonderful Io!

Kids are awesome! I love how their minds think.

When I was in Disney a few years ago, I was waiting online to take pictures with Timon and Rafiki from The Lion King (because I am a gianormous 5 year old when it comes to Disney). Anywho, this little girl on line behind me (with an adorable British accent) had the following conversation with her dad.

KID: "Daddy, where's Pumbaa?" (since Timon and Pumbaa are pals)

DAD: "I don't know, sweetie."

KID: (after a beat, decisive) "Maybe Pumbaa went to get some tea."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
KID: "Daddy, where's Pumbaa?" (since Timon and Pumbaa are pals)

rotflol Of course! What else would Pumbaa being doing if not taking photos with fans? I love how kids are so matter-of-fact about everything. It makes it all the funnier. laugh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] KID: "Daddy, where's Pumbaa?" (since Timon and Pumbaa are pals)

rotflol Of course! What else would Pumbaa being doing if not taking photos with fans? I love how kids are so matter-of-fact about everything. It makes it all the funnier. laugh [/b]
It really does! Kids are awesome!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My daughter works at Disney. That means her children grew up at Disney and know all the shortcuts to places. But the one thing that just confounded me was when we were standing in line to get my youngest granddaughter's picture with Goofy, and the 6'5" Goofy left and a few minutes later a 5'7" Goofy took his place. Not a word was said about the obvious. When I mentioned it later in front of her Mother, the little one said matter-of-factly, "But they told us Goofy needed to go to the bathroom. He didn't have to stand up as tall after he went."

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My daughter at lunch today channeling Lois Lane...

HER: No! I mean it. It was a picture of a dog and it had a tongue this long. <<holds out hands about 2 feet apart>> For REAL!

ME: Maybe it was a picture of an anteater.

HER: No! For REAL, Mom. It was a dog! It didn't have a long nose or anything.

ME: You just HAVE to be right, don't you?

HER: YEAH! <<said in Duh! tone of voice.>>

VirginiaR.
---
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Gotta love these stories! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Today at lunch I debated with two kindergarten boys on whether red sun Superman was stronger than yellow sun Superman. I, of course, was pro-yellow sun, they kept looking at me like I was an idiot and telling me that red sun Superman is stronger. When I explained that Superman only had powers here on Earth, but on Krypton which was under a red sun, he didn't... they changed their tune and decided that red sun Superman was like Batman, a hero with cool gadgets.

This conversation started with them asking me if Batman was real. I said he's as real as Superman. They told me that Superman wasn't real, but Batman was because he was just a regular guy with cool stuff. evil /

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
My daughter is 7. She was jealous that I was teaching her older brother some rudimentary html and css, so I showed her how to do it, too. I set up the basic html for the page and showed her how she could type in the file and show it in the browser. After experimenting for a bit, and asking for help with styling it to have purple script font on a red background, she proceeded to type a bunch of text into the paragraph tags. When I read it, I was surprised to find that she had started a My Little Pony fanfic.

At this point, she's more interested in continuing her story than in learning what the html tags mean.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard