Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I went to see the new Harry Potter flick last night and got the usual barrage of previews for NEXT summer. The one for The Dark Knight - Rises was just awful. It didn't make me want to see the film at all. It was a bunch of clips from the other Knight films and almost NO shots of Batman. If I hadn't known it was a Batman film, I wouldn't have known it was a Batman film (although, I do think one of the characters mentions Batman in passing). It also stated it was the 'Conclusion' of the Batman triology.

Does Christopher Nolan really want people to come see this film? I'm beginning to think not.
\'The Dark Knight Rises\' Teaser

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think they just want to keep the franchise in our consciousness, and this is their way of reminding us to look forward the third film. It's not likely they could do a full trailer yet, as the movie is still in production. But yeah, as teaser trailers go, it was pretty bland -- though I still let out a bit of a squeal when it showed in the theater. smile

Molly
Columnist
Columnist
One of the main reasons I went to Harry Potter on opening night was because I heard there would be a Rises preview. I was a little sad that there wasn't much new stuff, but the movie is still in production, so it's understandable that they don't have a trailer for it.

I don't think I can express how much of a fangirl I am for Christopher Nolan's films, so there's no way I'm missing this. laugh

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I felt anticipation too, when I realized what the preview was for and then just disappointment. Teasers are supposed to make you want to see more. This one didn't bring out the 'want' in me, hence the disappointment.

Usually with the big summer blockbusters, like Harry Potter, you get all the great previews for the new Christmas and next summer movies. Out of all the previews I saw, the only one that even interested me was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Maybe I was just set-up for disappointment when the previews started with Happy Feet 2. I was like, "You're kidding me, right?"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I was incredibly disappointed in the preview, too. It was altogether probably the worst teaser trailer ever invented (I have a slight penchant for exaggeration, people). I mean, the track was okay, with Gordon's conversation... but seriously. I mean, even the title shot at the end- it was like Arial Black font on a white page. I mean, seriously? The movies have some really amazing special effects and scenes to pull from- even if they hadn't shot one second of footage for the new movie, couldn't they have afforded a cooler title sequence? (although i did like the zoom up effect on the Batman logo)...

All that being said, I can't wait to see the movie. dance It's one of those things that you can't miss even on principle, and I'm sure that based upon the atrocity that is the Batman teaser trailer, it'll exceed our expectations. laugh So here's to hoping.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard