Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This just in from Fox News

Superman and Lois Lane no longer together.

Everyone's favorite couple has gone kaput in the new Superman reboot.

In the new edition of Superman, DC Comics looks back at his younger years, and leaves the Man of Steel as an eligible bachelor.

In fact, it doesn't mention his 14-year marriage to the young reporter, Lois Lane. Instead, Lane is dating a colleague at the Daily Planet and not her beloved Clark Kent.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Warning: /RANT ON.

This new guy can't even be considered Superman. Everything that was about Superman is gone. I hate everything about him. He wasn't raised by the Kents (Superman wouldn't have his moral values without them), he doesn't fly (!) and he doesn't even wear a decent suit. His clothes seem a bad halloween kid costume. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Picture from Zoomway Boards

They created another character and called him Superman. But this guy ISN'T Superman. Somebody at DC made a huge mess and achieved what no villain did: they destroyed Superman. [Linked Image]

If you read comments from fans in any site you'll see that the common feeling is revulsion and deception at DC Comics. You don't mess with greatness and get away with it. Lois Lane is vital to Superman legend. There's no Superman without Lois. This stupid move turned off many loyal fans and I hope their sales drop so low that just Superman (the real one) can bring them back.
Please, boycott anything "new-Superman" related. [Linked Image]

Hopefully there will be a commotion so strong that they'll see that this was the biggest mistake ever and will bring back the Superman (and Lois) that everybody loves. [Linked Image]

/RANT OFF

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, you should hear the reactions from the Movieverse people - Most of them can't even be posted on a PG board. eek
The basic gist is - periodically the guys over at DC simply lose their minds and have to trash everything, driving away their previously loyal readers in hopes of luring in the fanboys who like fisticuffs, big explosions, and Supes reveling in being smarter than everyone else on the benighted little planet he ended up on. (Um, Silver Age, anyone?) wallbash

Luckily, L&C has 4 years of episodes they can't touch. And for the Movieverse people - 5 movies and Supergirl. lol

Um, Ultra Woman - now tell us what you REALLY feel wink

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
I think one can't hold Lois and Clark not currently being together and Lois even dating someone else against them. It took along time in the comics for them to get together. In the series Lois even dated the villain before they got together after many hardships.

The rest stands.

Though I think the change in looks and the Kent thing might be due to outcome of lawsuit with the Schuster people. I don't know the details for that and what DC was still allowed to use and what not.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Something I realized while reading the comments:

This Clark grows up without the Kents as his parents.

This Clark does not fly.

This Clark does not wear tights and his cape looks awfully short.

There is no Lois in his life. Okay, she's still alive and dating someone else, but she's not in *Clark's* life.

Does that sound familiar to anyone here?

Michael

PS: Yes, I do believe they just discovered what Alt-Clark's been up to these years laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Something I realized while reading the comments:

This Clark grows up without the Kents as his parents.

This Clark does not fly.

This Clark does not wear tights and his cape looks awfully short.

There is no Lois in his life. Okay, she's still alive and dating someone else, but she's not in *Clark's* life.

Does that sound familiar to anyone here?

Michael

PS: Yes, I do believe they just discovered what Alt-Clark's been up to these years laugh
rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can someone tell me where they heard that the Kents wouldn't be Clark's parents? I read the articles, but I thought they mentioned that the stories would start after the Kents died, which would mean that he had been raised by them. Also, in the present continuity, he's Clark Kent at the Daily Planet. Did I miss something?

And from what I've heard, it's the Shusters who destroyed Superman. DC is just trying to pick up the pieces and use what they still can, which is pretty much a guy with powers who works with Jimmy and fights a Kryptonite-wielding Luthor since that's all the outcome of the lawsuit left DC.

Still, I hope they salvage some good out of it and give us some very good stories as a result. Superman is pretty compelling in almost every incarnation. smile

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
PS: Yes, I do believe they just discovered what Alt-Clark's been up to these years
grumble
And the Kent thing (if true) is ridiculous. How do they expect him to be Clark Kent, then, if not adopted and raised by the Kents? If they just died (and I've heard mixed rumors) then it's not so bad. But it's a devastating blow to the series in its entirity. whinging

I hope that this stint ends up being just a big mistake- chalk it up to a crazy dream/nightmare Clark had or an entirely different universe altogether (an altogether far too common occurence for comic series when creators screw up epically).

I'll stop driving you all crazy now. Cry to myself. mecry

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I found this article when I was searching for information about the Schuster Lawsuit:

Superman to Split

These changes make a sort of perverted sense after reading about this. But they're killing the mythos - both the heirs and DC - to try and make more money out of it. The fans, of course, are on the losing end. At least we still have fanfic...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard