Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Clark Kent on the Iron Throne!!! this RULES!!!

[Linked Image]

And here\'s the link.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL!

Meanwhile, I am absolutely ticked off over GOT in the UK. A year I waited for this show and then I hear it's been taken up by SKY. Not a problem - usually! It would be on SKY ONE.

Then, a couple of months ago, SKY launches a brand new channel - SKY Atlantic - exclusively for its own customers (guess who isn't) and they've hoarded GOT away on that and not on their general channels that reach everyone. The utter gits!

Did it with The Borgias, too, which I was also looking forward to trying out now that The Tudors has ended. razz razz razz

Guess I'll just have to go with 'other means' to catch new episodes or go for the DVD set when it comes out, blind.

I hate you, SKY! <Impotently shakes fist in general direction of Murdoch>

Anyway, this cheered me up a bit from my pique.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Lab,

I totally concur with all you said!

Murdoch is always trying to poach cable viewers every way he can.

So maddening.

Yours Jenni

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OMIGOSH the SNEAK PREVIEW was CREEPY COOL!!!! dance I hope this series receives a good following so then Martin will get the NEXT FREAKING BOOK OUT!!! mecry

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
so far it's been almost exactly as I hoped it would be. They've had to crunch stuff, but the characters are starting to feel like the ones I loved/hated in the books.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They seem to have a total lockdown on it online - I haven't been able to find anything but the odd clip. So I'm fairly sanguine - waiting for the DVD release.

Have to say that some of the casting choices that I've seen in the SKY promos here and there are giving me pause - Dany in particular just doesn't look right somehow - but I'm sure I'll get over that once I start watching.

It seems to be getting good reviews.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/shuffles feet/

GOT was a verrrrry bad idea. I had to catch a glimpse and then figure out that it's linked to a series of books. 3000+ (soon 4000) pages worth of reading material. So much for having time for other... stuff. Like filling pages with own reading material...

Michael blush

PS: at least, I'm already in book 3 by now angel-devil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
GOT was a verrrrry bad idea. I had to catch a glimpse and then figure out that it's linked to a series of books. 3000+ (soon 4000) pages worth of reading material.
Tee-hee! For once I'm ahead of the game - I read the books as they came out.

But wait... now I'm going to have to re-read to make sense of all the minor characters, and to refresh my memory of what happens next... and the next book in the series is *finally* coming out this summer...

Yep, another 3000-4000 pages to re-read! laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dance party

/sneaks off, hoping nobody will inquire too deeply about a 1040 page long sort-of absen- erm hiberna- erm silen- erm peep /

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
And now DANCE With DRAGONS is out and it's still just the best storytelling EVAR!!!!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It is? I'd quite lost track after all the failed publication promises.

Weird. I went to Amazon to order and found this message:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.
I take it you haven't experienced any issues with your copy, TJ? Wonder what they mean by not as described? laugh Can't simply be that the customer was sent the wrong book - that wouldn't lead them to stop selling entirely. They'd just send them out the right copy, surely?

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi LabRat: On the US site "Dance with Dragons" is selling for $18.81 and there is no such statement. I'm thinking the fellow got sent the US version and not the UK version and that is what is amiss. If so, it will probably be available shortly.
regards
Artemis
http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dragons...mp;ie=UTF8&qid=1310739721&sr=1-1

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Actually, when the book was released on the 12th, my hubby went to the book store and bought me a copy. I'll post pictures if you need me to prove it. razz
[Linked Image]

Tiny Spoiler
So far my favorite scene is some random guard grabbing Tyrion to rub his head, because "rubbing a dwarf's head is good luck"
Tyrion has an awesome reply, but I can't say it on the board. goofy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, when the book was released on the 12th, my hubby went to the book store and bought me a copy. I'll post pictures if you need me to prove it.
confused Was there something in either my post or Artemis's that led you believe we were accusing you of lying about it, TJ? Sorry, but I'm missing it completely if you thought there was!

I wouldn't have expected you to be buying your copy from Amazon UK - because I know you don't live in the UK. So that certainly wasn't my point. All I was saying was that I'd missed the publication date because I'd given up looking - thanks for the headsup - but when I went to order it I found a puzzling message from Amazon in the UK and assumed that the US copies at least were just fine becasue you didn't seem to be experiencing a problem with your copy.

Sorry if that wasn't crystal clear, but - honestly - I'm greatly surprised that you would immediately leap to the conclusion the intent of my post was to accuse you of lying about having a copy. Why on earth would I want to do that....? huh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Was there something in either my post or Artemis's that led you believe we were accusing you of lying about it, TJ? Sorry, but I'm missing it completely if you thought there was!
possibly post that you couldn't find it on amazon, but hey that's not at all what you meant, so no harm no foul, right? I'll go continue enjoying Tyrion's filthy retorts now.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
possibly post that you couldn't find it on amazon,
I see. Well, I hadn't actually posted that I couldn't find it on Amazon - but that Amazon had it but had temporarily suspended sales due to a customer complaint that there was an issue with it. But, beyond that, that you could come to the conclusion that you did from my post baffles me because:

1. As I prevously noted, I wouldn't have been expecting you to buy your copy from Amazon UK as you don't live in the UK. So it was likely you had bought it in the US.

2. Even if I had - and even if YOU had - Amazon had clearly already sent copies of the books out to several customers BEFORE posting their suspension of sales notice - otherwise how could a customer have told them they had dispatched the wrong copy to her? So copies had been bought from them at some point. So you could have bought your copy from Amazon UK before the suspension.

3. As you yourself noted, Amazon isn't the only bookseller in the world, and it is possible to buy a book from a source other than them. So you could have bought your copy from a complete different seller than Amazon entirely.

So, given the facts above and that all of these options were available to you when buying your book, it would have had to have been the most bizarre, Twilight Zone leap of illogic on my part to have seen Amazon's suspension notice and immediately taken it to mean, "Hang on a minute. Amazon UK isn't selling this book, so how could TJ have bought a copy? That must mean she's lying because it's just not possible she could have bought it anywhere else!" dizzy

It would have hung on my believing that the only possible source of this book is Amazon UK. A bizarre notion. Which is why I was so taken aback that you could have leap to the conclusion you did off the back of my post.

And I do think, all things considered, that even when you did, you might have given me the benefit of the doubt and considered that you were reading my post wrongly as a first response, rather than a last one.

But, anyway...I was temporarly baffled by the sheer illogic of it. As you say, it's not the end of the world. No animals were harmed in the course of this misunderstanding. wink Let's just chalk it up to one of those occupational hazards of messageboards.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/pulls this back on the core topic/ Okay, slightly highjacked topic...

So, that's it for A Dance with Dragons. mecry

Michael, shuffling back to neglected fandom activities

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard