Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#224425 03/27/11 10:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hot Dog! Great news. She's a very good actress with many shades of emotion. This movie is looking more A-list all the time! I can't wait for a Lois-Martha scene now!
Of course, K Callen always has my heart as the perfect Martha.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#224426 03/27/11 04:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't seen very many of her movies. I liked her in the two movies of hers that I have seen.

She was quite good in "Enchanted" as the cartoon princess "sent to a world where there are no happy endings!" (New York City).

And although I had issues with "Night at the Museum 2", I thought she played a very good Amelia Earhart. She made the character have depth and believability.

#224427 03/29/11 01:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the casting too. But if the movie writes Lois as very much a minor character and also trashes her relationship with CK/S then it won't matter how good the actress is.

c

#224428 03/30/11 05:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the casting too. But if the movie writes Lois as very much a minor character and also trashes her relationship with CK/S then it won't matter how good the actress is.
Carol, have you heard something that triggered this comment?

I hope they don't go this way. Think back to the Chris Reeve movies. The better the Lois & Clark relationship, the better the movie. Now, those movies, especially the later ones, had many other problems. Still, you would hope that they would be able to learn from the past.

Bob

#224429 03/30/11 07:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
No, I haven't heard anything to suggest that. Just my being my usual fearful self. smile

c.

#224430 05/07/11 06:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've heard that they were trying to show Superman / Clark Kent in his thirties or forties.

I can't imagine Lois would be a minor character, since they cast Amy Adams. I like the actress (LOVED Enchanted, not so much Leap Year) but I don't see her as Lois Lane.

One of the problems I had with Superman Returns was it seemed like Ken and Barbie do Superman. Plus, that Lois looked too young to have a son that old, she'd have to have been... what 21, when she got pregnant.

I'm looking forward to the next movie with anticipation, but also a heavy heart... with a blonde Superman and a red-headed Lois Lane... Lots of dying in Hollywood. (Pun intended.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#224431 05/08/11 03:52 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Actually, KB was only 22 when she was picked for Superman Returns. So to have a five year old child she would have had to have been..., well much too young to have been a seasoned reporter before becoming a teenage mother.

Again, we'll have to wait and see if the writing and the acting chops can deliver to us a Lois we can embrace.

Tank (who guesses he'll have to deal with another bewigged Lois Lane)

#224432 05/08/11 06:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If you were to cast a 30-something Lois Lane for the new Superman movie, who would you choose? A vetern actress? Or a newcomer? Someone who has done lots of acting, but isn't well known?

Just curious. I'm going to have to think about my own question, before answering...

Also, I've just starting watching the Smallville show and noticed Amy Adams was a guest star in the first season's "Craving" episode.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#224433 05/09/11 06:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And she's 10 years older now. I didn't realize she was on Smallville. Well, she's certainly familiar with the mythos.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#224434 05/24/11 08:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I've heard that they were trying to show Superman / Clark Kent in his thirties or forties.

I'd prefer an older Clark/Superman and Lois. My biggest gripe with Superman Returns was that the cast looked like they should have been eating snacks and watching Barney. Way too young of a cast in that one, especially coming off the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

I like Amy Adams, but the jury's still out on how I feel about her playing Lois.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#224435 06/23/11 06:15 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I love Amy Adams. She's a great actress and I think she'll have a big enough part in the movie (she's been Oscar nominated three times, so it shows there's promise. Although considering they had an actor as impressive as FRANK LANGELA play Perry in "Returns" I guess I'm not really that good of a judge grumble ). She's got the same quirks and I think she'll make a great Lois- and for those concerned about her being a red-head, take a look at Noel Neill. laugh Adams will do good.

The question we should be asking is whether the producers will see this potential or if they will make poor decisions... and if it will make Caville pale in comparison (which if she does good, he invariably will...) huh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#224436 06/24/11 01:10 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
and for those concerned about her being a red-head, take a look at Noel Neill.
If anyone really is concerned about her being a red-head, I have two words for them: hair dye.

Joy,
Lynn

#224437 06/30/11 09:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
I'd prefer an older Clark/Superman and Lois. My biggest gripe with Superman Returns was that the cast looked like they should have been eating snacks and watching Barney. Way too young of a cast in that one, especially coming off the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.
Completely agree with you, Deadly Chakram. Superman Returns from the first viewing to rewatching again recently has always felt like Ken and Barbie do Superman. Kate Bosworth was much too young for a Lois with a kid that old. And, well, Brandon just looks like Ken in that costume.

VirginiaR.
---
#224438 06/30/11 07:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] I'd prefer an older Clark/Superman and Lois. My biggest gripe with Superman Returns was that the cast looked like they should have been eating snacks and watching Barney. Way too young of a cast in that one, especially coming off the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.
Completely agree with you, Deadly Chakram. Superman Returns from the first viewing to rewatching again recently has always felt like Ken and Barbie do Superman. Kate Bosworth was much too young for a Lois with a kid that old. And, well, Brandon just looks like Ken in that costume. [/b]
I am SO glad that I'm not the only one who felt like this. My husband agrees with both us us, btw.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#224439 06/30/11 11:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I havent logged in like like.. forever lol
but i had no idea there would be a new Superman movie.

Amy is a good actress, i guess i have faith in her. To be prefectly honest i wasnt to sold on the last one. wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard