Next Thread
Print Thread
#224360 02/09/11 12:44 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Okay, this is pretty much as Off Topic as it gets goofy But I've been trying to find an answer to this and I can't, so I thought that one of you might be able to help me. After all, FoLCs have the answer to everything!

So here it is: I have set all my privacy options to Friends Only, including for photos and photo albums. I uploaded a photo, in which several people (including users and non-users of FB) are tagged. Normally, a tagged friend's friend who's not my own friend and not in the picture, shouldn't be able to see the picture through my tagged friend's photos. But they can, and I can't find how to fix this! I know it works for other people, so what might I be doing wrong?

Incidentally, if you want me to friend you on there, leave me a PM with your FB name. ^^

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Account--> Privacy Settings---> Custom---> Custom Settings ---> Under "things others share", go to "photos and videos I'm tagged in" click on "edit settings" button. Small window pops up. Change setting to "friends only" or customize it to your needs (customizing it might be better, as "friends only" might infer that you want ANY friends of tagged people to be able to see it. Customizing makes it so that only specific people that you name can see it.)

Molly
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Sorry for the very late reply!

Thank you! Yes, I did see that, but I don't understand why I have to do it. It's a photo I uploaded, not something someone else shared. confused

EDIT: Found it! Apparently, when you set your settings to "Friends Only", there's an option ticked that says "Share a tagged post with friends of the friend I tag". I had mine on custom settings, but this had apparently been ticked before. So I unticked it, went to Friends Only, and then Customized the rest of my settings. smile
Just in case anyone finds it of use!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard