Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#224334 02/08/11 04:06 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Anybody here watching Chuck? I think it's in the fourth season on NBC, but I've been catching up with DVDs on Netfix, and I'm only up to season three. I'm just all bubbly and squishy because the main characters *finally* got some happiness instead of the angst they've been wallowing in for the past two and half seasons... they look great when they smile. love

Had to share, and I figured you guys would understand. WAFF city, baby! We haven't been watching the eps more than once (have to mail the disc back before we can get the next one!) but there are now some moments I'd like to have clips of, just to enjoy again...

/me should go to bed now and stop being so giddy...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#224335 02/08/11 04:11 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
And it has a Superman connection! Two, actually. Besides being the best thing like it to come along since L&C. goofy 3rd Season had Kristen Kruek (sp??) (Lana from Smallville) for a few episodes, and Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) had a nice long storyline that had a great ending. I don't think they were ever in a scene together, though.

PJ
who doesn't seem to have stopped being giddy yet...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#224336 02/08/11 04:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Pam:
Yes, we watch Chuck every week that it's on. It has been pretty good lately.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#224337 02/09/11 07:24 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It's not shown in the UK as far as I know, but I've seen the first two seasons - will probably get the third and fourth eventually, when the DVDs get a bit cheaper

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#224338 02/09/11 11:34 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's shown on one of our cable channels, Marcus - can't think which one for the moment. Or, at least it was up until recently.

I caught up with the first half of S1 on Virgin's archive service and quite enjoyed it. But they never put up part two (an annoying habit with the series they put on that service, which is a constant bugbear with me) and at that point S2 was just starting - on which ever channel it was - and I didn't want to watch that without having seen the missing episodes.

After that, I never got back to it. I still see it listed in the schedule now and then though and think that I should catch up with it at some point. I'm sure that, eventually, they'll start repeating it from the pilot and I'll get my chance.

ETA: Hey, you're in luck. S3E1 starts tomorrow, the 10th, at 1am on SKYLivingLoves, if you get that channel.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#224339 02/09/11 01:37 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I don't have cable or satellite, just a Freeview box (1) - since I can't keep track of all of the channels I get with that, I really can't see much sense in adding satellite or cable.

(1) Note for transatlantic readers - Freeview is the UK terrestrial digital TV broadcast service, I think that there are about 25 channels but I keep losing track. It's "free" in the sense that you don't pay anything over and above the TV licensing fee that pays to run the BBC and transmission network.

Marcus L. Rowland
#224340 02/13/11 06:26 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
We're big Chuck fans in our house. And the 4th season has been really fun. I've actually been marveling since the season started because it seems more like a fanfic season than something that would actually get on TV. And I say that as a big compliment -- the story lines and characterizations (of both the main and side characters; just wait until you catch up and see Morgan and Casey interact!) remind me of the type of things top notch fanfic writers would create for their favorite show.

Unfortunately, the show is always on the bubble as far as ratings go, so there is no guarantee that we'll get a 5th season. But we're keeping our fingers crossed because it's been a really enjoyable show to watch. smile

Kathy

#224341 02/16/11 01:52 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
We've started on the 4th season now; it's dangerous because Kelley has 12(!) of them on a disk that he downloaded. Seasons 1-3, we got through Netflix -- watch 3-4 eps, send the disk back and wait. But now we have so many it's hard to stop at one a night.

We watched Chuck vs. the Coup d'Etat last night; I love how Chuck prevented a nuclear war through impromptu couples counseling goofy And the continued references to Casey's past on Costa Grava were funny, too.

I enjoyed this show when they were doing the unfulfilled sexual tension thing, but I like it more now that it's been fulfilled wink

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#224342 02/19/11 11:43 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Because of this thread, I decided to go out and buy season one of Chuck on DVD. After the first episode, I thought you guys were nuts! But... well, I had bought the whole season so I toughed it out. By episode three I was hooked. I BLAME YOU GUYS FOR THIS!!!!

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#224343 02/20/11 01:43 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
laugh We're big fans of Chuck. I'm glad it's finding more fans. Every year it's been on the bubble, but the fans always pull through.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#224344 02/20/11 08:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I only watched a few episodes last year. It was interesting but I just never connected. Based on this thread I think Bev and I will have to take another look.

One other note: Pam, you noted:
And it has a Superman connection! Two, actually.
One of the very first things I noticed about Chuck was the Superman connection, but not one of these two. Adam Baldwin performed the voice of Superman / Clark Kent in the animated Superman / Doomsday. Doesn't that count?

Bob

#224345 02/21/11 05:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Just ordered S3 from Amazon UK.

Marcus L. Rowland
#224346 02/23/11 06:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
ZOMIGOSH!!! Adam Baldwin is going to be at my local COMICON THIS YEAR!!!!!! (>>>SWOON<<<) dance party

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#224347 03/06/11 07:27 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm getting caught up on the boards and saw this thread. My husband and I are HUGE Chuck fans. He actually got into it first, and after we got married he made me watch the first two seasons in preparation of the third season airing. We watched maybe 7 eps in a row just to finish up before the season premiere!

I think its a great show. They include the mystery and suspense of a spy show, but it's so funny! The characters are hilarious in the way they interact. And of course, I can't get enough of the romance between Chuck and Sarah. I just hope they can keep the suspense and romance going now that they are together.

And maybe by sharing my two cents on an old thread more will tune into the show and become fans. It's sad that it remains on the bubble every season. I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's so much better than all of these reality shows that keep doing so well.

~Kristen smile

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#224348 03/10/11 04:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just added Chuck to my queue! Thanks guys!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#224349 03/10/11 05:51 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
The pilot episode is going to be on 5* in the UK tonight. I was going to say that I'll check it out, but unfortunately I've just checked and it is not available on my Freeview box (despite being a Freeview channel, we can only get a few of them down here).

#224350 03/10/11 07:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the headsup, Alisha! I'd been contemplating buying S1 secondhand, but this is perfect for that catchup I've been promising myself. smile1

Shame it doesn't work for you though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#224351 03/25/12 08:35 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just (well over the past few weeks) watched the entire Chuck. I put it on my to-do list when the threads first popped up in here (funny, got to Castle the same way help And it's funny, but given the half-seasons and stuff, chuck's actually not that much longer than LnC was.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#224352 03/25/12 09:58 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I've just (well over the past few weeks) watched the entire Chuck. I put it on my to-do list when the threads first popped up in here (funny, got to Castle the same way help And it's funny, but given the half-seasons and stuff, chuck's actually not that much longer than LnC was.
So that's where you've been, Michael... laugh

I loved Chuck. I've been a fan sense the very beginning- I love that it was an action show that had some comedy and heart to it. And the fact that I recognized just about *every* allusion and reference they mentioned (mostly because I'm a huge nerd myself wink ). I loved Chuck as much as LnC- and it did have a very similar feel.

And clap at the mention of Castle, too. Love that show, and am still on the edge of my seat for tomorrow's episode. eek

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#224353 03/25/12 10:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush Also, had a really bad cold. Which was the main reason I scheduled the Chuck-A-thon. And then it was back to work again. As for Castle: Oh boy. Still have to watch last Monday's episode. It fell victim to Chuck. This promises to be another interesting week.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard