Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greg Gutfeld (has his own show on Fox News at, like 3am) wants to open a gay bar . An "Islamic" gay bar, yet. You know, to promote tolerance and cross-cultural understanding. Who could argue against that? angel-devil

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
If this were a serious effort (and properly zoned) and the Islamic community center and mosque opposed it, I would accept that as prima facie evidence that they were acting in bad faith. The wise common law doctrine of unclean hands states that if you are going to accuse someone of wrongdoing (i.e., being intolerant) you'd better not be guilty of the same wrongdoing. wink

Rac

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There's been a lot of chatter about this idea, including some tweeting between Greg Gutfeld and the people behind the Mosque. They told him:

You’re free to open whatever you like. If you won’t consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you’re not going to build dialog.
And, you know guys, the reverse is also true... to build dialog, don't bulldoze over the sensibilities of New Yorkers.

Governor Patterson is supposed to be offering to help the organizers find another location, possibly even on NY state property.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I saw this on Fox Nation but wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. Is this guy really serious? I mean like, really, really serious?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
He *says* it's serious. He also said he's working on setting up a way to accept donations toward the project, because apparently a lot of people want to chip in.

The most popular name, last I heard, was "Outfidels". smile Before that, he was thinking "Heaven and Halel" -- the "heaven" on the second floor would serve 72 virgin cocktails. goofy Because, you know, Muslims aren't supposed to drink alcohol, and he's all about being sensitive. wink

And hey, if he can get conservative Christians enthused about opening a gay bar... that's some serious bridge building, right there. goofy

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Latest update: The bar name is now "Dialog." So Greg Gutfeld is building Dialog.

PJ
who just thinks the whole idea is hilarious

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

I love it!

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard