Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223544 08/08/10 02:23 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As some of you know, I've been taking college courses for the past two years, and expect to graduate next year. I'm taking the classes online, so the discussions are a required component. I've not had much trouble with that, compared to what I see some of my fellow students doing... and tonight it occurred to me that I can defend my position in a college discussion because I've spent so many years practicing here! goofy

So thanks, everybody!! Those I agree with and especially those of you I don't agree with! You've been honing my skills...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#223545 08/08/10 08:09 PM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
An early congrats on finishing up your college education, Pam. I can't imagine how disciplined you have to be to be raising kids (especially one with special needs) and still find the time to study. Good luck with the remainder of your courses, though I doubt you'll need the luck. wink

Warmest regards,

Rac

#223546 08/09/10 01:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations, Pam! What Rac said really - the self discipline required to do this is impressive. But it's no surprise, really, that you've succeeded. smile Way to go!!!

carol

#223547 08/09/10 03:16 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, congratulations, Pam! It's been a pleasure discussing with you, as you are always perfectly respectful and to the point. You acknowledge the points made by others and weigh their merits before you counter with arguments on your own. It doesn't surprise me that you have had no problems with your discussions in your college education! smile

Ann

#223548 08/09/10 03:52 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'll echo everyone else's congratulations. And as a fellow mother of a child with autism, I wholeheartedly agree with Rac's comment about how difficult what you are doing must be. And you'll be getting your degree in only three years, to boot! Well done! :-)

Joy,
Lynn

#223549 08/09/10 04:28 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, thanks, guys smile I wasn't fishing for compliments, honest, but gosh it's nice to get some! help

I wish I was a little *more* disciplined, since I tend to wait until the last few hours before doing the work, but work is due every week, so I can't really ever get too far behind. Still, I dithered for two years about the idea of going back to school, until one day I just... knew I was ready. Plus, with the courses being online, I don't have to arrange childcare in order to get to class. Heck, I don't have to get out of my pajamas, metaphorically speaking wink That would make things harder.

Um, what was my point again? Oh, yeah -- I appreciate you all being so articulate and hard to argue with goofy And I'll give a shout out to the founders & admins of this board, who determined from the outset that discussions here would not be allowed to degenerate into flame wars. This was a change from the previous message board, and was very welcome.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard